chapter twenty-two; pain killer

Woken up by a harsh wave of sickness, I rushed my way over to the toilet. Preparing to puke my guts out. Knowing I could never go back to bed after doing so, I soaked my long black hair into the cold waters of the shower. My breathing rapidly increased the more I stood there in the cold.

While the pitch black locks wet my entire back even though my towel, I searched the bathroom cabinet for an pain killer. Looking for the little medicine bottle, I couldn't help but only makeup in the drawer. Until I came across a pack of flashy red capsules in the top corner. Once I had realized what it was, my stomach dropped. Making me feel even more sick than I had previously felt.

I had my cold hands over my mouth. Fuck. No, this can't be. In my right hand, I held a pack of birth control pills. Which I had gone weeks without. And the last time I had slept with Roger, was about a week ago. Now what?

Later that day

"Just take a deep breathe. Inhale through the nose, breath out the mouth."

I anxiously scratched my arm, as Jane and Brian unsuccessfully tried to calm me down. Leaned against the bathroom wall with the two of them next to me, I reluctantly tried to kill the time as I sat with the pregnancy test in my hand. A big part of me felt guilty for not having Roger be there with me while I revealed the big surprise, but Brian warned me that he could've freaked and left. If only I could do that.

"Here goes nothing I guess."

Sarcasm was the only coping mechanism now. Slowly, I walked into the loo. Whilst Brian and Jane stayed on the other side, quietly waiting for the response. The moments were I sat on the cold hard seat felt like some of the longest seconds of my life. Nothing screamed, 'Get me out of this situation.' more than this.

Not to my surprise, a little drop of water came strolling down my cheek, dripping down to my bent knee. With both of my eyelids shut closed, I hesitantly couldn't read what was on the test. So much that I threw it on the tiles of the floor, that way I couldn't read how many lines were on it.

"Someone please, please read it for me.. I just can't."

"Don't worry I got this."

Jane quietly said to Brian before opening the bathroom door, picking up the test on the ground ever so slowly. Silence. I turned around from the sink, trying to get a feel of her reaction. Jane didn't even have to tell me, her eyes said it all.

"It's positive, isn't it."

Yet again, no words from her. She pulls me into a soft hug, which just confirmed everything.

"Aubrey, dear, I want you to know that.. I will be here by your side these next nine months. I want you to know that, okay?"

"As I will too, we're all here for you Aub."

Brain pulled into the hug as well. And although I was surrounded by people that I loved and cared about, it felt like I was by myself with another human inside of me. But what about Rogers future? Is this baby going to prevent him from fulfilling his dreams of a rock legend? And what about myself, all i've ever wanted is to sing for other people. Will I get to fulfill that? And what about Uni? Am I going to have to drop out?

"I don't mean to put this kind of stress on you but.. you are going to tell Roger, right?"

"Yeah, I mean, of course. I just don't know how or when to break the news."

"We'll come up with something eventually. Let's go downstairs for some tea, yeah?"

"Okay."

Later, later that day

Ring... Ring... Ring...

"Umm, hello, who is this?"

"Roger, it's me Aubrey. Can you come over as soon as possible, I need to talk to you about something."

authors note

hi all, i hope you enjoyed this chapter of The Seventies. Once this book is finished, i am publishing another Roger Taylor book (which you all should look out for because i'm really exited about it) anyways, that's for reading :)
bye bye