chapter twenty; welcome back?

A few weeks later

Aubrey's P.O.V

For days now, an awful gut feeling had come over me from somewhere. I'd had me up at night, and spacing off when I was supposed to be focusing in the midst of class. Although I couldn't pinpoint exactly what it was, everything felt strange. As the hours turned into days, which then gradually tuned into weeks, I didn't hear a single thing from Roger. Which was painful as I missed him with everyone bone in my body. But it's not like I could actually do something about it.

Knock Knock Knock

The sudden bangs from the door caused me a slight jump from my couch. Being the lazy Aubrey I am, I shouted from the living room. No response, I checked the peephole. My heart pounded with pure happiness.

"Roger! You're back early!"

I pounced into his arms, making my words sound a bit muffled.

"I've missed you so much Aubrey."

After nearly two months of us being in different countries, Roger and I were reunited once more. Once the front door was shut, it wasn't long until he started to pull of my shirt. Then one thing led to another and I found the both of us skin to skin on my bed.

The next morning

Filling the house with the delightful smell of toast and coffee, the kitchen is where I was making food for myself, and only myself. That was due to Roger leaving after last night's quick shag. A part of me wondered why he didn't talk about much about the shows or America in general, but the less clever part of me chose to ignore it.

And although Roger was back, I still had that immense gut feeling that something was wrong. Like, really immense. On the kitchen counter, I found a small note that was left by him.

I've missed you so much Aubrey and I'm terribly sorry I had leave so soon, there was a bit of a situation at the studio and the band needed me there. Nonetheless, I will pick you up at seven tonight and treat you for a nice dinner, how does that sound?
sincerely, rog

I desperately tried to push back at the gut feeling I was having. Given how kind Roger was treating me, I didn't want a silly instinct to ruin that for me.