Chapter 3

Later in Mal and Evie's dorm~

Cynthia was helping Evie prepare everyone's wardrobe for cotillion. 

They were currently working with Chad on his cape, although Cynthia was definitely not enjoying it. The young adult fashionista never thought she'd be friends with some villain kids, nor did she think she'd ever hate Chad so much as she did right now. 

"What about peacock feathers?" Chad suggested. "Yeah, I bet you nobody's gonna have those at Cotillion" 

"Chad," Cynthia started to the son of Cinderella. "When I look at you, all I can see is... garbage"

"And fake fur" Evie added. "Fake fur says it all" 

"Couldn't agree more" Cynthia mumbled a bit. 

Brock, David and the rest of the adventure kids then stopped by, coming into the room for a second. 

"Hey! Did you guys hear?" David asked Cynthia, Doug and Evie. "Carlos, Jay and the others are having a fencing practice in the gym" 

"Cool! Let's go watch!" Brock beamed. 

"Aw, but I'm right in the middle of a fashion catastrophe" Cynthia complained, then showed her friends a fancy pair of shoes. "I mean, look at these shoes. Look at them!" 

The rest of the adventure kids didn't seem to care though and dragged Cynthia along out of the room while she groaned, seeming to always be forced into these situations with her friends. 

Meanwhile, Ari was by herself, continuing to hear those strange voices inside her head. She was starting to have many thoughts and was wondering if she should ask her aunt about this, since Elsa's always been able to help her niece with her problems and she might just know what these voices mean. 

But then Ari figured her aunt might be too busy with her duties and didn't want to distract or worry her about it. The young fire princess then decided to join the adventure kids and other students in the gym, as the boys' fencing practice was about to start. 

Li Shang Jr, the son of Mulan and Shang was there to obverse the practice. He was better known as Li'l Shang and had graduated Auradon Prep a few years earlier. But he had come back to the school to visit with his little sister. 

While Ari and the gang watched the practice, they noticed Carlos looking distracted and all took a correct guess he was thinking about Ciara again. 

Things soon got interesting when one mysterious fencer appeared and began dueling with Jay. Everyone watched with intensity until Jay surprisingly lost. 

The adventure kids only had one guess who this mysterious fencer could be as the fencer took her helmet off, revealing to be none other than Mulan's daughter.  

"It's Lonnie!" Some of the other students said to their surprise before they began cheering and applauding the Chinese girl. 

"Well done, little sis" Li'l Shang smiled proudly, coming over to his sister. 

"Not bad" Jay admitted to his opponent. 

"You should put me on the team" Lonnie suggested. 

"Yeah, she's the best there is" Li'l Shang added while Lonnie smiled at her brother, knowing how much he cared about her. 

"Hey! W-What?" Chad soon came in, arguing that they couldn't have a girl on the team, while Ari and the adventure kids just glared at him. 

"I'm sorry. Coach trusts me," Jay soon told Lonnie. "I'm not gonna stay captain if I just throw out the rule book"