1

"We are here miss."

"Mrs, sir.", I cleared not a little bit proud by it.

In front of my eyes was my new house, with a husband included.
I can't lie, it was a beautiful castle.
The dry plants on the walls, the huge wooden door, and the stoned path.
How antique... This must be more than a hundred years old.
What kind of person will live here? Secluded from the world, isolated.
This indeed looked terrifying.
This isn't a place where a charming and noble princess would live.
It's not right. I'm that charming heroine. I mustn't be here.
The closer I got, the more wrong it felt.
The loneliest sounds ever... I mean, owls singing and my luggage's wheels struggling to roll on the stones that haven't been cleaned in ages.
Is someone really living here?
The driver looked disturbed. Can't blame him.
He escorted me to the door, had his money, and left.
I can't describe how nervous I feel.
My stomach hurts and my eyes feel heavy. I hope I don't faint right now. I will be fed to the wolfs.
And I must give the best first impression to this man I don't know.
I struck the old and rusty lion knocker.
I am almost throwing up my breakfast.
I need to relax.
I combed my golden hair with my thin fingers.
I have to look good.
I took a peek at my pink dress. It looked fine. I am fine, I am...
The door cracked and opened slowly. As if it wasn't expecting me at all.
God, I hope I am in the wrong house.
An old woman peeked her head.

"May I help you?", she said with a lazy raspy voice.

"Good morning, I am Mr. Hozeldine's daughter, Margo."

"Oh... the master's wife... Come in.", she opened a little more for me to go in. She hurry and helped me with my luggage.

"There's no need to, thank you.", I said looking around but it was just too dark.

"Please let me do it."

I shyly smiled and let her do it. It wasn't much after all.

"Please excuse the lack of light, Mr. Vernon doesn't like brightness.", she said guiding me through the house.

"Huh? Why?"

"Because it's too bright..."

She answered as if it was the most obvious thing to ask.
Was it really?

I felt like I was going to hit something at any moment because I couldn't see very well. I couldn't hear anything either, just the lady's footsteps and the faint sound of birds outside. This earthy smell of the house was just making it worse. What is this place?
She stopped walking and I heard her shake what sounded like a box of matches.

I saw her face for a brief moment when she lighted the match. She carefully moved it away and lighted a candle that was on a counter table That I had ignored until that moment.

"We will leave your things here for now. Follow me."

I nodded and rapidly said "Yes!" because she couldn't see if I was nodding and I didn't want to sound rude.

We walked until she reached a door and opened it without making too much noise. We entered and kept walking.
All the windows in the house had paper or fabric on them.
This was just getting weirder and weirder.
But I was worried about other things like: How am I supposed to live in these conditions?

"We are here.", she said.

"Where are we?", I whispered for some reason.

"Master's room."

My heart stopped.
What!? No, no, I'm not ready! I haven't rehearsed! What am I going to say? Ah!!
She opened the door and whispered

"Wait here." And she entered, shutting the door on my face.
Ah, this gives me mode anxiety! What is she doing! Why is this all so mysterious?
About ten seconds later she opened and grabbed my hand quickly, dragging me inside.