32

"She can't leave."

I laughed.

She's DREAMING.

"Dreaming, my dear Pheles. If mommy thinks she can just leave Pappa", I said petting him.

Margo is mine, and she forgets it all the time, all the time, all the time.

I looked around the house.

When did I change so much? I barely spoke before. I used to be an absolute oddity.

I even put my snakes in a terrarium.
They must be free, with me.

I felt anxious and confused.

I can't be alone again. I don't know how.
I can't live without Margo. Margo is...

Mine.

She's my wife, my wife, my wife, my wife.

She can't leave.

I have to have her at sight, where our eyes can always meet and our hands to always touch.

My wife, my wife...

But isn't she better off without you?

No. Don't start.

I walked to the kitchen and took the box with oatmeal.

Ms. Hozeldine is a very fine lady. She's nice and warm... and obedient. She's perfect for you.

I took a bowl to prepare the oatmeal.

It's Mrs. Vernon not Hozeldine, fool. And I know she is that's why she can't leave. She has no choice. His parents will force her to be with me, because of the money as I've predicted before.

But she's better without you.

Her parents will force her to be with me and his brother is a piece of garbage that only wants power and money and is trying so hard to take over the old man's company... Bennedicta's company... or whatever.

At the end she'll hate her family and love me. And I will be with her forever. This is... perfect.

Let her go, she's just a poor rich girl... young and beautiful. Let her go.

Never. I rather see her unhappy with me than happy with someone else. And shut up.

People like you shouldn't love.

The oatmeal is ready, goodbye.

I sat down and started eating the oatmeal.

(10 years ago)

"See? If you crush the pills and put it inside the box of oatmeal and you mix it very well, it won't taste bad, just add warm milk and sugar. You can also try with chicken soup. It's genius."

"Yeah... what's the dose?"

"Just 5 spoons of oatmeal will make up about two pills which is a good dose. Everytime you feel a little... a little."

"Odd.", I finished.

"Just eat oatmeal or chicken sup."

"I feel weird all the time."

"Then you must eat a lot."

"I'll tell Mrs. Morel to remember it."

"Alright, it's our secret Sol.", she laughed.

"Thanks Loretta."

"You're welcome.", she said kissing my hand.