39

Here I am. Driving home.

With Margo.

"How are you feeling?", I asked.

"I want to run away.", she sighed.

"If you run away, I'll eat you whole."

She glared at me.

"I know, I think I should stay with you despite everything."

"Yes. Precisely."

"Are the kids coming back?", she asked.

"No, they will have a better future and a better life far away from us, especially away from me.", I said sternly.

"I think you would be a caring parent.", she said.

"We killed people, Margo."

"It was an accident."

"No, it wasn't. I killed Mrs. Morell intentionally because I wanted to save you."

"You shouldn't have.", she said. "Now you carry that weight."

"You're everything to me, Margo. And I would do it again. I will always save you, Margo."

"Oh, Solomon... You think you love me?"

"I'm certain about it."

"Well, I don't love you."

He glanced at me and smirked.

"You do, Margo. You're here."

"You abducted me."

"No one forced you."

"Yes you did, Solomon."

"Nicholas did, not me."

"You think I'm going to believe you didn't pull any strings for Nicholas to act this way? Whatever it was, must be huge. I'm impressed, Nicholas would never act like that by himself."

I didn't reply.

"You want to have my whole family as hostages, right?"

"You know? You should be quiet, my dear. I just did you a favor. I opened your misty eyes, for you to see the type of family you have."

"Oh, Salomon. You want to be my savior so bad! I don't need you."

"Margo-"

"I don't need you.", she repeated, staring at me like a snake to a mouse.

"I find the same interest in you that an ant has with a cockroach."

"Margo, you should be happy that you have someone that loves you. Not many can say that including me."

"You don't love me. This isn'tt love"

I slowly pulled the car to the side of the road and stopped.

I sighed, exhausted. And looked at her dull, deadly eyes.

"Then what is it? Whatever it is, it makes me adore you like an ignorant, like a fool. I used to think I need your love to be complete. But the only thing I truly need is for you to exist with me, by my side. Even if that means I'll gain your hate. I'm just letting you know that I don't mind your abhorrence. I don't care. Nothing will change. And you will still be stuck, like you say, with me, forever Mrs. Vernon.", I said emphasizing the last part. " So you might as well get finally used to it and for real accept that, this time. If this doesn't change your mind and helps you realize that we'll forever be only centimeters apart, I don't know what will. Do yourself a huge favor and don't waste your time, and just give up on your nonsensical hatred, and agree with the idea that you DO love me, once for all. Because that's the only thing I've ever asked from you. And the reason I've done horrible things is for you to stay with me. All I want is a family with you. And you're never satisfied with that. I don't care if you love your brother so much, you want to fuck him. He's not me. I'm not him. I will never be him. And this is what you have, so just take it. Stop, just stop looking for something else, when everything you need is me, and you already have me, whole. You know you love me, but the idea of accepting it disgust you to the point you want to die. Denying it won't work, it never did, don't you agree?"