37

I opened the door in a rush and almost ran inside our parent's house.

"I know you guys are busy but I really need to talk to you about something very very important.",  a sweet but worried voice said.

Margo.

Margo!

I ran following the voice, leading me to the garden.

I opened the door and I saw my parents sitting having a small meal.

Margo was standing up and talking with them.

She turned her head to the side to see me.

"Nicholas?", she asked surprised.

I looked at her up and down.

I'm sorry Margo... For what I'm about to do. I hope you can forgive me someday.

" You can't divorce Solomon Vernon."

"What?", our mom asked. " Oh my God!", she said closing the book in her hands.

"Divorce? Why?", my Dad asked.

"Uhm. Yes, I want to divorce Solomon... Uhm. What are you saying, Nicholas?", she asked fully turning around to see me.

"Haha. Listen here Margo, couples fight all the time. Madara and I have our small fights every now and then, I believe mom and dad too. It's healthy, it consolidates the love you to have. Am I wrong?"

"No, you're very right Nicholas. Uhm, Margo, couples fight. And that's all right. No need to rush.", She shrugged reopening her book.

"Yeah, also a divorce will have a severe  negative impact on our business, right Nicholas?"

I gulped nervously. "Yes, father."

"Can we consider... This matter solved, Margo?"

"Father please listen to me...", she said frustrated.

"What else is there to be said, sister?", I asked smiling nervously.

"... What?", she asked dumbfounded. "I...I haven't even said my reasons..."

"So you're saying... Do you want to end our business relationship with the Vernons?  You're kidding.", I said.

" oh no. That's really bad for our public image...", my father said supporting me.

"Erik is right, honey. What will people think? That we can't support a long term business agreement?" Our mom added.

"Yeah. Nobody will want to make businesses with us again.", I said.

My mother gasped and my father poured himself a glass of water.

" Margo, dear, just for this time your brother is right. Can't you understand how bad the repercussions this decision could have?"

"Just... For " this" time?", she asked trembling with anger.

"Margo doesn't look at this as a punishment, darling", I said. "It's just protecting the family... Mom and Dad, Margo. Remember? You would do anything for them?"

"I...", she said confused.

"Marietta, listen to your brother.", my mom said.

"Yes, darling, your family knows better and wouldn't make anything that could hurt you.", I said smiling and putting my hand in her shoulder.

"This divorce you're talking about...", my Dad said sighing.

"Sorry, it won't happen.", I finished.

"And that's the end of this conversation.", my father said standing up.

He looked down on Margo and said between sighs " you had one job."

"I'm sorry father.", she said with tears sliding down her cheeks.

" it'll be okay baby, you can always go to therapy.", my mom said smiling giving her a cold hug and then left following my Dad.

"I'm sorry Mother.", she said guiltily.

Go. Brainwash her, as you've always done.

As we've always done.

"Let's go, darling", I said patting her back.

She nodded crying and she walked inside the house.

I grabbed my phone and called Bennedicta.

"She'll be back in an hour."

"Thank God..."

"This is the last time I solve your fuck ups."

I hung up.

I walked inside the house and said goodbye to my parents reassuring them everything is fine and that I would take care of it.

Margo was inside my car heartless.

Abandoned.

Empty.

"It's time to go, Margo."

"He was right." She mumbled.

"What?"

She looked at me in the eye and smiled.

"But isn't he always?", she said smiling creepily.