33

I grabbed my phone and called Nicholas.

"Hello?"

"Nicholas... I-..."

Just say it Margo. You're brave enough now.

"I want to divorce Solomon."

"What did you say?", he asked.

"You heard me"., I said smiling.

"You've only been married less than a year. How can you want a divorce?"

"I'm not happy with him."

"I", he gasped. "I'll call you back- shit.", he hung up.

... What?

________________

[Vernon Group headquarters: CEO Benedicta Vernon's  office]

(Minutes earlier)

"It feels good, Sir...", she teased.

"Shut up.", I said putting my hand in her mouth.

She rolled her eyes in pleasure when suddenly.

"Oh, my phone..."

"Ignore it...ah!"

"Can't. It's my sister."

Benedicta sighed.

I step away and answered.

"Hello?", I said.

"Nicholas... I-...I want to divorce Solomon".

My jaw dropped.

"What did you say?", I asked horrified.

"You heard me", she said determined.

Determined? Margo would never.

"You've only been married less than a year. How can you want a divorce?", I tried persuading her like always.

Benedict's face dropped when I said this.

"I'm not happy with him.", she answered back.

"I-", I cut off with a gasp when I heard the door opening.

"Well... well...", a tall man with a black shiny silk gown and suddenly entered, interrupting us.

"I'll call you back- shit.", I hung up.

"Solomon Amadeus... brother... and Mr. Forman. It's great to see you.", Benedicta said indifferent to her only wearing underwear.

"I didn't expect to see you both here, but I guess this just makes my job easier.", Solomon spoke. "This is Charles  Forman, he takes care of my companies and represents me in Selina, he manages my part as a shareholder in the Vernon Group.", he explained to me.

"Yes, we've meet before, good to see you, Mr. Forman", I said shaking hands with him nervously.

"Same, but I'm here to deliver negative news this time. Hastella Brand and Coast Atlantic System Developments inc also known as CASD, would like to retire its investment in the Hozeldine & Vernon fund."

"What!?", I yelled. "The contract had a very clear clause that forbid backing off in the investment."

"Hmmm, I remember the contract wrote that the fund will be in effect as long as my marriage with your sister lasts. And I'm sorry to say that we are getting a divorce."

"Okay, Solomon brother, calm down aren't you taking hasty decisions?", Benedicta said getting a coat long enough to cover her, that was in  her chair.