Chapter 3 - Sheltered

"All right, come on Ellie now you're just being ridiculous" Joel says clearly annoyed.

He's waist deep in the small pond outside of Tommy's town, we use it as a pool, no fish inhabit the water.

The water isn't drinkable, but if you accidentally inhale some it won't harm you.

"What if the water is cold?" I ask.

I stand in my one piece purple swimsuit that Maria let me borrow when Joel told her that he was teaching me how to swim.

Her boobs are a size bigger than mine, but my ass is bigger than hers so needless to say this swimsuit doesn't fit like a dream, Joel doesn't seem to notice though.

He walks around himself in a small circle and raises his arms up, "The water's perfectly fine, just get in" he says.

My heartbeat rises and I shake my head, "Could we do this tomorrow maybe? Or next month?" I ask.

Joel rolls his eyes and shakes his head sharply, "We're doing this today, swimming isn't hard, everyone can swim, you're just afraid" he says.

"Well can you blame me? Last time I swam I ended up unconscious" I say with a shudder.

Joel sighs "That was different, the water was rapidly moving, this pond doesn't even have a current, and it's not too deep, you'll be fine"

I take in a deep breath and start to walk towards the pond but I quickly turn around and shake my head.

"I can't do it, I can't do it!" I squeak out.

Joel groans and rubs a hand over his face, "Ellie, I swear to god. If you do not get in this fucking water right now I'm making you sleep in your own bed for the next year" he says.

My eyes widen and I notice the serious expression on his face "You wouldn't dare" I say, his eyes squint and he folds his arms across his chest "Try me" he taunts.

I finally decide that he's not joking and he would seriously make me sleep by myself, so doing the only rational decision I could think of, I run over to him with my arms wide open and I jump into the water and attach myself to him.

His strong body holds us upright while I hug him tightly, he hugs back for a few seconds before setting me on the ground, he looks around briefly before his eyes find mine.

"See it's not so bad," he says, I look down and notice that the water level is just passed my boobs.

"No it's not horrible" I admit, he smiles and then starts swimming backward.

"Where are you going?" I ask, he stops a good 20 feet away from me and just stands there.

"You're gonna swim to me, and your feet can't touch the ground," he says.

"I'm going to drown," I say with a frown, he frowns as well and shakes his head.

"You can't drown if I'm right here" he states, I shrug and then offer him a sly smirk.

"If I drown will you give me mouth to mouth?" I ask, he tenses up and scowls at me which only makes me laugh.

"I'll kiss you if you make it over here," he says, "Fine" I immediately say, how could I give up an opportunity like that?

I pick up my feet and start dog paddling over to him, he looks like he's struggling not to laugh.

"You're doing it, but you look funny," he says, I scowl as I finally make it over to him, and I'm slightly out of breath.