Chapter 15 - Desire

Someone opens the door to my cell and I wake up in a cold sweat.

I look up expecting to see the leader again but instead, I see Flynn's worried face.

"Ellie, I'm so sorry" he whispers, he walks over to me and leans down and moves a strand of hair from my face.

"You have to leave" I mutter, he helps me sit up but it's not without pain.

"They're... they're angry with me because you spend too much time with me" I say weakly.

"I know, they informed me. They think you're trying to weasel your way into my mind or some shit, I wasn't paying attention" he says.

"I came because I have to get you out of here, I'm gonna help you plan your escape."

My eyes light up but I quickly realize that there's not much he could do to help out.

"What could you do to help me?" I ask.

"We're gonna wait until tomorrow night, there's a festival going on that everyone in the village will attend, during that time I'm gonna help you escape," he says.

I shake my head "But what about you? You couldn't come with me" I say, he smiles sadly and nods "I know, I would have to stay here, but that's a risk I'm willing to take, for you" he says.

I sit there shocked and unable to move, "You would... You would risk your life for me? Why?" I ask, he grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers.

"I know this is dramatic, but I've never found anyone I've fallen in love with before, and then you came along, you're my better half," he says.

My heart stops as this boy practically pours his heart out to me.

"I've never felt this strong of feelings for someone, even if it means that I die, it's worth it, for you," he says.

I don't know what to do, I've never been on the receiving end of love, I've always had to confess my feelings.

I lean in and kiss him, my heart feels guilty but if this my last night with him then I want him to feel special.

And if they figure out it was him who rescued me then they would surely kill him.