8

Dedicated to AminaAAhmed

CHAPTER EIGHT

That same night,
2:10am

Have you ever find yourself wondering how wrong you were living your life if you were still up past midnight thinking of a stranger? Well I was then I wasn't.

Why?

Because something is wrong when you hear noise in an otherwise dark, sad and lonely night especially when it keeps getting nearer and nearer with every second past since the stillness of the night was emphasizing the sound in a rather ghastly manner

My life has suddenly switched from a melodrama to thriller, isn't that just perfect?

I froze when realization dawned on me; it was the crunching of dried leaves by undoubtedly a feet and from its bearings, it seem to be clearly heading to my room.

I held my breath cursing my stupidity at leaving my door open; call me an idiot but a part of me was still hoping that Aman would creep back into the room and thus the philosophy behind the open door and shut my eyes tightly as I wrapped my blanket thickly over me, burying my head within its softness and warmth, I began praying to rebuke whatever evil was headed my way.

God, please, one more time. Save me!

I had barely finished praying when I heard a gentle sliding of my door and the subsequent tiptoeing of whoever has entered the room. I kept on praying anyway, trying as much as I could to remain calm and look asleep however a gentle tap on my shoulders had me springing up; I have an innate phobia of people's touch on my skin and couldn't ignore even the slightest of touch. My eyes remained tightly shut however. I couldn't look at my intruder.

"Reima-

The sound of my name on his lips however had my eyes flying open. Although it was almost unbelievable, but I knew this voice. It was Aman's. He was back.

"Aman?" I asked tentatively, I guess I needed some kind of confirmation to acknowledge the truth in front of me.

"Yes, it's me." I put out my hand and turned on the bedside lantern and there he was really, Aman.

"Where were you?" I whispered, "-when I woke up, you weren't here."

He let go of a deep breath,"It's a long story which I'll fill you in on the way."

"Way?" I frowned, "Are you going somewhere?"

"Yes, we are," And at my strange look, he went on. "Consider this the beginning of your 3-days project,"

I stared at my bedside clock; 02:12am. I turned back at him. I still couldn't believe he was here and yet here he was asking me to follow him to only God knows where. I couldn't even believe myself when I found I was considering following him. I really am pathetic.

"And why would I do that?" I held his gaze, "I hardly know you. Your name, yes. But apart from that I know nothing, which is crazy considering I don't even know if your name was even yours."