CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

chapter twenty-four

chapter twenty-four.
no quarter

THOSE WHO HAD woken from the slumber was stuck in deep hunger, and the hope of being at the full strength and to not have the urge of ripping out anyone's through had resulted in a theatrical moment that didn't catch Esme in surprise. A truck filled with inmates, en route to a prison was sights of food. Their deaths were to bring no remorse to the vampires that needed to feed, as each of those that were an orange jumpsuit were criminals, it was questionable if anyone was going to miss them. Not only had they seen death but as had the two police officers escorting. Their metal bullets was of no harm to either vampires who had drained them of blood.

Esme rested against the truck, parked on the side of the road, as she watched how each inmate had been fed on until the loss of blood had been their cause of death. Each were sprawled around the woods, and the last inmate who was drenched in fear had sprinted, Kol Mikaleson being rather quickly to chase after him wanting to cure his hunger with one last feed.

A blood curdling scream soon echoed throughout the woods, causing Esme to grimace as she rubbed the nape of her neck. Her eyes flickered out into the woods, whilst Freya had marched past her, she had been trying to locate where Klaus was being held captive. Her spell pointed her in the direction of New Orleans but she couldn't guess exactly where.

"Good Lord," Rebekah was in shock with the scream that could've echoed on for miles. "that one has some lungs on him." She commented before throwing the body she had drained of blood to her feet as Oscar pushed himself from one of the inmates he had fed on, knowing that he couldn't be weak if they were on their way to New Orleans with Marcel running around. "He should've been an opera singer." Rebekah quipped. "Might've ended better for him, actually."

"Is this absolutely necessary?" Freya questioned, as she had thought that it might've been possible for them to not stop and get to New Orleans before a thought of worse could cross her mind.

"That depends." Rebekah shrugged. "Do you want us at our full strength, or do you plan on rescuing Nik on your own?"

"Well, death rattles are distracting," Freya replied whilst referring to the screams that didn't seem to reach an end. "and I'm trying to break a cloaking spell."

"Kol, would you please!" Elijah had yelled on demand that had ceased the screams that had gotten all on their nerves. "Thank you!" His attention narrowed back onto his older sister while cleaning the blood sitting on his chin. "You were saying?"

"I can sense Klaus is still in New Orleans." Freya explained. "Most likely somewhere underground. I can't get a read on exactly where, unless I'm in the city itself."