CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

chapter twenty-six

chapter twenty-six.
keeper's of the house

"OUR HOME." THE place in once they had once called was battered and no longer owning the homely feel when they had once lived in the Mikaelson compound. The rage that vampires had faced when they had come to the city five years ago, had chosen to inflict it onto the house, finding it to be a way of being rid of the Mikaelsons and their presence within New Orleans. The overgrown vines pinned to the wall, and pieces of furniture broken and fabrics streaming from the banisters had taken over the compound. Esme wasn't as invested into the state of it as Elijah and Klaus were, when they had firstly stepped for into it after five years that they didn't notice how terrible it had looked until they had returned with the thought of saving Isaac and Hope in which Vincent had offered a helping hand towards. "Once the pride of our family, now a flophouse."

Esme held Isaac within her arms, his head resting in the crook of her neck for his comfort as his arms were wrapped around her arms. Oscar had been walking behind both Hayley and Esme, keeping his eyes on his siblings as they hurried into the centre of the compound expecting for Vincent Griffith to be waiting for them, but it was just deserted.

"Indeed," Elijah had agreed with his brother's description of the place, knowing how long it had taken them to make it feel like a home after centuries of being absent from New Orleans. "they mighty have fallen."

"Where's Vincent?" Hayley questioned, panicking had been quick to take over her, as she didn't take in-depth notice of her surroundings but for the warlock who had offered his help via a note.

"Right here." Vincent had emerged from the shadows and it had brought Esme to relief as she placed a hand on the back of Issac's head, to move him within her hold that allows his body to be cradled. "Kept my word. Now the only question is whether or not you guys are gonna keep yours." Esme raised a brow, she had thought he would've been more eager to help her son and Hope, but it seemed that his priority was making sure that the Mikaelsons weren't going to come back. "As soon as I'm finishing healing your kids you got to leave the city."

Oscar scoffed. "That is seriously your priority right now?" He queried as his brows knitted together in confusion. "Hope and Isaac are inflicted with this magic and you care more about--."

"Well," Klaus had rested a hand on his eldest child's shoulder, hushing his rage as he glared towards Vincent. "we're not gonna stay, are we? Your city has lost its charm."

"Nik." Esme had been quick to warn her husband as her eyes flickered towards Vincent, donating him a faint smile, as he had been on the only warlock to offer help. "What he means to say is that we're very grateful. We'll leave but can you just help them, please?"

"Just give us what we need," Elijah demanded whilst Esme had rested Isaac on the other end of the couch from Hope. "and we will do so, happily."

Vincent nodded. "Excuse me." They had been quick to move out of his path, so that he'd have the chance of helping Isaac and Hope that led to eyes watching him intensively. "Okay." His hands rubbed together, preparing for the use of magic to radiate off of his skin. "Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun. Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer..." His hands gently clapped together before Isaac and Hope, the spell being the one to heal Isaac and Hope front he danger that had somewhat managed to approach in their direction.