CHAPTER FORTY

chapter forty

chapter forty.
what, will, i have, left

ARCHED BROWS FILLED the room that Esme had returned to, from Mystic Falls. Her time there had been cut short and she stood back in her home city, New Orleans with her husband and her son staring at her, trying to comprehend the words which spewed from her lips, especially all what happened beneath her supervision as she was to watch over the teens, Isaac and Hope. There was guilt written across her face, but though she thought she was to blame it wasn't her fault for Hope's rebelliousness and her venture outside of the Salvatore Boarding School.

Hope was missing.

Nor was it was comforting news for Klaus as he was still in search for the teen's mother. But her disappearance was noted by not only Freya and Esme, but by the school and by Isaac. A draw was left open, missing of clothes alongside her backpack and the girl herself. Isaac's concerns were fed to his mother and aunt about his sister and the need of her being found as she was roaming around with an accomplice, Roman Sienna. The freckled Mikaelson had voiced how right he was to hate the teen who seemed to have caused Hope's out of character behaviour.

The silence in which filled between Esme, Klaus and Oscar had been silence she wanted to fade away and for her husband to project his anger. "What do you mean, Hope's missing?" And finally he had only still trying to comprehend that his sister was astray.

Esme sighed deeply as her eyes shifted towards her eldest son who was hoping for an explanation just like his father. "Well, a few hours ago, she took off with some boy from school."

"What?"

She could see the rage filling Klaus' eyes and she knew to diffuse the situation by bringing some form of reassurance. "Okay, Caroline has enlightened me that the Honours Tracking Class at the boarding school is going to find Hope and this boy."

"Who is this boy?" Oscar queried as he wasn't expecting for his sister to be thinking of dating so soon and his lips parted awaiting for a respond that his mother shrugged to. "I just want to know who I have to kill."

"No." Esme warned while pointing her finger at the gingered brunette who seemed to carry far more temper than before. "Coming from Caroline they can't exactly pinpoint their location yet, but they seem to be heading somewhere just outside of New Orleans."

"So she's coming home." Klaus was quick to guess and Esme slowly nodded. Maybe it was to be a bit reassuring that the teen wasn't roaming elsewhere across America, it seemed to make their search rather easy. "Why?"

Esme shrugged as she had reached for her jacket resting on the arm of the chair. "I'm sure you can ask her when we find her." She told before reaching into the pocket of her outwear for her car keys. "Let's go."