CHAPTER FOUR

chapter four

chapter four.
a walk on the wild side

OSCAR HAD PONDERED how exactly Marcel's loft was anything but a home, the painted bricks had paint chipping away, and it was a space filled not to the fullest. When the tribrid visited, unexpectedly and unknowingly, until Marcel was to return back to his loft after his morning run through the Quarter, Oscar had left a few things behind for the Gerard, including an invitation for a party that the Strix was holding and which happened every few years. Oscar had visited a lot of the parties through the centuries, ones better than the ones before, where he'd wake up either beside a mysterious woman.

The interest that Oscar had of Marcel wasn't anything too crazy or strange. Oscar wasn't obsessed with Marcel. He knew the story of how exactly his relationship came with the Mikaelsons, being adopted and taken away from slavery. Oscar was fully aware that his mother, Esme Browne, looked at Marcel as her son, with the thought that she'd never have children until Isaac came along. The gingered brunette wanted to get to know his adoptive brother, he wanted to be friends with him, he wanted to get to know them and hear more about his past, just to know what Esme was like then.

His eyes lingered on the loft his Range Rover was parked outside of, he had watched how Marcel had returned home, no doubt finding the cufflinks in the empty bottle of bourbon and the suit hanging from his shelves. And with finding all of those things, Oscar had guessed it was the perfect time to call the Gerard and hope he accepts the invitation to the party later within the day.

As Oscar rested his phone gently against his ear, awaiting for Marcel to answer. He fiddled with the leather along the steering wheel before the Gerard's voice had filled his ear. "You want to dress me up in nice clothes, all you had to do was ask." Of course Marcel was expecting someone else to have had been on the other end of the phone and Oscar immediately guessed he hoped for Aya.

"That's a good thing to keep in mind in the future, Marcel." Oscar greeted as a grin plastered its way on his face, fuelled with amusement. He was somewhat intrigued with the fact his friend had an admirer.

"Thought you were someone else." Marcel's tone had turned cold, something in which Oscar expected but didn't like as all he wanted to offer Marcel was friendship.

"Oh, Aya." Oscar guessed before tutting slightly. "I see. You have a thing for her already. I guess a woman beating your ass is attractive for you. Sorry for the violence, though, Tristan doubted if you'd come willingly but I thought that I'd be more polite. I apologise for drinking your bourbon, but you've got quite a nice stash there."

Marcel raised a brow. "So this is your version of asking me something nicely." He questioned if there was a catch as he studied the suit hung out for him, awaiting to be worn.

"It's an invitation." Oscar announced. "You know a little bit about the Strix from Aya--who we are, what we're capable of. And every few years, we gather to celebrate our status as the most elite creatures in the world--" Marcel's brows furrowed in confusion as he wondered how elite Oscar was as he had belief that the boy was only a warlock. "and in a rare instance where we feel we've identified someone worthy of our attention, we open our doors, warmly."