CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

chapter twenty-seven

i hear you knocking

KLAUS HAD BELIEVED it was necessary to turn towards his son, about the idea he had been sleeping on for majority of the night. Their stay within French Quarter was outstayed and it was due time for them to being their leave of the city. Though they hadn't figured out where exactly they were going to go, which meant that their leave was due to take them to the Bayou as Isaac and Hope were feeling much better, able to be the energetic bright smiled kids. Oscar was prepared to follow them out to the Bayou, though his father didn't have the idea of joining them, but lingering around the side. "You need to go to the Bayou without me." He instructed bringing Oscar's brows to raise at his father's demand.

Oscar had thought it wad due to be for the better if they left the city, it was clear that a problem seemed to always have showed up within New Orleans. Thought of leaving was for the better, and after the night before, where Oscar had faced a blue light, a spirit that represented the Hollow, he knew to keep distance of it and particularly of the city. "What? Why?" He questioned, as he was aware that his mother was due to have an objection to the idea.

"Take Hope and Isaac." Klaus continued his instructions, ignoring the questions in which his son had. "I'll be right behind you."

"Dad," Oscar had sighed. "what are you saying?"

"My youngests nearly died." Klaus reminded and it was hard to be forgotten. "I have to make sure the threat to them is over."

"Well, you should've opened with that." Oscar replied as his arms crossed over his chest and his walk had slowed leading the hybrid to doing the same. "I'll help." He offered. Klaus' head shook to object and before he could speak any further, to reassure his son, the gingered brunette had threatened him. "Should I go ahead and tell, Mum?" Klaus' face hardened at his son, he knew he couldn't bare the thought of debating with Esme, especially when he thought about her safety, constantly. "Then you'd have to argue with her about her staying to help you when it'd reassure her more if I stayed with you and Aunt Freya."

"Dad?" Hearing Isaac's voice had caused Klaus to frown slightly, as he knew that there was excitement within the little boy who had been thinking, from the moment he had woken, he'd be able to walk through the Bayou holding onto his father's hand. "Aren't you coming with us?" The curly haired boy held onto his mother's hand with furrowed brows, as the woman's nose had flared with the tell she was neglected from.

Klaus had crouched down before his son, who had quickly approached his father for his comfort. "I'll be joining you, eventually." He reassured. "Your mother will be there with you, my little king."

"Isaac," Esme spoke softly as she forged a smile. "why don't you go and find Hope?" She suggested. "I'm just going to speak to your father."

Isaac had noticed as he took off in a sprint away, in search of his little sister and before she had the chance to object to the thought of Klaus staying with New Orleans Oscar had caught his mother from speaking. "Mum, I'll stay here with Dad. We'll be okay."