2. jealousy

I sigh happily after the last day of the bell rings. This has been the moment I had been waiting for since I woke up today.
I quickly ale my way to my locker, hoping I won't have to talk to anybody. It is my day off today and I just want to get home early and sleep.

I open my locker and change a couple of books, take the ones I will need for studying as well as my sweatshirt, because it is kind of freezy outside. I look at the mirror I had placed in my locker when I was a freshman.

I always knew I was categorised as what people would call a "pretty" girl, but never cared enough to show it off. My dirty blonde hair, brow eyes, little nose, long eyelashes, big lips and aligned teeth are all my mother's, at least that's what my dad has told me. I wonder what she looks like now, is my mom beautiful on the outside? Maybe. Does she have a beautiful heart? Probably not, considering the fact she abandoned her own children many years ago. Why would she still give us that extra large sum of money every month, though? Ive never been able to wrap my head around it.

I close my locker and unluckily find myself facing the one and only Alissa Jones.

"Hi" She fake smiles at me

"Hi" I reply back

There has always been some bad blood between Alissa and I since we both stepped into this high school. I don't know why she decided she had to be in competition with me four years ago and still don't know why she still thinks I care, even after I clearly showed her that I don't.
Our physical aspects have often been compared, but Alissa is the total opposite of me.
She is an extrovert cheerleader. Everybody at school wants to be her friend and every boy wants to have his way with her.

I know Alissa is not a bad person, but her competitiveness does not make me want to be near her.
She is probably one of the only people at school that are openly bisexual, I also heard she loves reading, which are two things that could have made us develop a friendship. Unfortunately for her, she does not want to try at all.

"I heard Brandon is having a party this Friday, are you coming? It's with invitations though" She warns. As if I hadn't heard of that party. I am sure she knows I didn't get an invitation.

"I suppose you know I'm not interested since I declined your party offers three times over the last school year" I reply cockily. What? I can also be immature when I want to.

She gives me the fakest smile and goes out of the school. Unfortunately, I am forced to follow her awkwardly since I have to get out too.

The school has a large parking she goes too while I walk towards my bicycle. I hop on it, making sure my phone and backpack are on me as I get ready to go.

I look at where Alissa went, just by curiosity. She probably has a car of her own.

I was very surprised when I saw her approaching a redhead woman standing next to a black jeep. My heart skipped a beat. The woman is Rose. Rose from my uncle's bar. What is she doing her? Why is she picking Alissa up?

I look at the woman as a stalker would, mesmerised by her beauty once again. Her eyes lift up when she sees Alissa and her lips for a similar shape, the one they formed when she saw me.

Alissa wraps her arms around Rose's shoulders and gives her a kiss on the lips.

I can't help but feel the pang of confusion and jealousy in my chest. Rose must at least be in her 30s, is Alissa even 18? She probably is. Are they dating? Why have I seen Rose at my uncle's bar with several men then? Is she cheating on Alissa? I need to know what is going on.

Suddenly, Rose looks up before hopping in her car. Her eyes are looking right my way but I hope she hasn't recognised me because of the distance. I quickly look away and leave the school parking.

After fifteen minutes, I am finally home. I open the garage, put my bicycle in, close it and go inside my house. I undo my shoes and go upstairs. Once in my room, I let myself fall on the bed. What an exhausting day.

I take my backpack off my back and lay on it, staring at the ceiling.

Jealousy has always been one of my worst traits, but why did I have to feel it? Why did it hurt me a little when I saw Alissa kissing Rose?

I knew the answer to that question : because it could have been me. I mean, who wouldn't want to kiss Rose Moreno.

Do I have some sort of crush on her? Probably not. I mean, I don't know nothing about this woman except her name, the fact she has had an affair with the city mayor's wife years ago and the fact she's dating my "enemy".

My eyes open at the sound of my phone ringing. Have I fallen asleep? What time is it now?

I quickly take my phone out of my pocket and answer after looking st the contact name. Isabella, my best friend.

Isabella and I have been friends since I had entered the school. She is one year older than me. When I was a freshman, she was a sophomore. When I was a junior, she was a senior. Now I'm a senior and she's gone.
Isabella is now studying economics at Oxford University. It was her dream university and I am forever proud of her.

"Hi" I say, half asleep

"Did I wake you up?" I hear her chuckle

"Yeah a little. What's up?" I say

"Nothing. Ain't I allowed to call my best friend anymore?" She jokes

"I missed you." I smile

"I missed you too. So, how's school." She asks

"Boring as always. I honestly can't wait to get the fuck out and join you." I say

"One more year then we're reunited babe." She says excitedly

"Yay! How about you, how's college?" I say

"It is actually very fun. You would definitely love it here." She says

"Anything juicy to spill?" I tease her

"Let me think... I went on a date last weekend" She says cutely

"Oh yeah? Who's the lucky guy?" I ask

"His name is Ethan. We have been talking a lot during class and he asked me out. I'm having so much fun with him." She says and I understand by the tone of her voice that she is totally crushing on him

"That's good, I am so happy for you" I say truly. Bella isn't the type to get laid and fall for fuckboys so there's no need to tell her to be careful.

"How about you? Any girl that caught your eye?" She then asks

What about me? The only woman that has been on my mind is this stranger called Rose Moreno. Should I tell her about it? Not yet. My hormones are probably just playing tricks on my brain because of her intense beauty.

"Nope. As usual." I say and she laughs

"You never change" She says

"I don't" I smile, before my mind drifts back to Rose.