3. conversation

"Daniel hurry!" I shout at my college. He is extra slow at preparing the drinks today and clients are being impatient.

"Calm down I'm done!" He passes me the drinks, obviously under pressure too. I put them on a plate and carefully serve a group of four clients

My uncle's bar is not so big, but the best working in town.
The whole staff is made of these people ; Jack, Harry, Jessica, Daniel, Niall, uncle Ben and I. We're all cousins, so this is what you would call a family company.

Jessica and Daniel are Ben's kids. They're both studying to be cooks and I believe it is their second year now. Jessica is a waitress and Daniel is mostly working as a bartender. Jack and Niall are in the kitchen and Harry is multitasking ; sometimes helping Jessica and I with waitressing or helping the guys out in the kitchen. Uncle Ben is just checking if we have all the supplies necessary and doing the business part.
They are the reason I love this job. I love working with them and all the little things that come along. Harry is definitely my favourite. We always have so much fun together.

After two long hours of waitressing, Jessica and I decided to trade jobs with the boys ; I'm taking Daniel's place at the bar and Harry is trending places with Jessica, meaning she's in the kitchen now.

"Don't break anything Serena" Daniel warms jokingly. I used to break a lot of things when I first started working here.

I smile at him before he goes away, making sure I told him what the clients wanted.

I've been here for half an hour and not done much. A group of men had met up to watch a football match and are making so much noise, it is so annoying. There aren't many clients tonight, it is a Thursday night so it's normal.

I check up my phone although I know Ben has specifically warned us not to during working hours. He is probably in his office so whatever. I start scrolling through twitter and reading about astrology.

I don't know how much time passed until I hear someone clearing their throat in front of me. I quickly shove my phone down my pocket hoping I didn't disappoint the client, whoever it is.

When I look up, I see her. I hadn't seen her face in three days at started to miss her. Of course, she would never know that.

Her blue eyes don't lock into mine this time, making me a little disappointed. I was craving to feel that spark again. Instead, she is looking down at her hands, no expression on her face. I can judge from the look on her face that something is wrong ; if only I could know.

"What can I get you?" I ask politely

"Cherry vodka." Rose says and I start preparing her drink.

I can't believe I have wasted all this time thinking about her just because of the stupid smirk she threw at me last time. How stupid am I? She was probably drunk and smirking at everybody. I need to get this woman out of my head.

After I'm done preparing her drink I hand it to her, pretending I start working onto something else. I decide to clean the counter since I will have to do it later anyway and she is the only client at the bar.

She hands me a bill as I try to take it carefully from her hand so our fingertips don't brush or that kind of cheesy shit that could make my stupid brain melt. I check if she gave me the right amount of money and put the bill in the counter.