19. torn

Serena's POV

I pull away from Rose. I definitely surprised her, but I was slightly hoping that all that Alissa told me was a lie. I knew that I was falling in love with Rose, and although I was emotionally mature enough not to settle for her, it broke my heart knowing that it could not happen now that I know the truth.

"You just need to trust me on one thing - I never meant to hurt you, Serena." Rose says with such strictness that my mind is rapidly convinced of her words.

I sadly smile, trying to understand what was going on in her head when she met me.

"I need some distance. Can you do that for me, Rose?" I ask

I see her gulp and hesitantly nod. "If that's what you need, I'll respect your wishes" She says

I nod and hug her. A couple of months ago, I would have never pictured myself hugging Rose Moreno. As hurt as I am feeling, I know that space is what I need, and she will eventually come back to me if she wants to be with me.

I make my way towards the door, slowly, hoping she will catch me before I leave.

She doesn't.

I leave her house as I feel a tear escape my eyes.

—————————————————

I took a bath as soon as I arrived home to keep all sad thoughts from surfacing. It has been a while since I have taken care of myself.

As I sit in the bath, I think of the amount of school work that I missed on and about my friends that I haven't contacted in a while. About my uncle, that I haven't talked to in a minute and Harry. I never checked on him after he left my house.

I take my phone and decide to call Zack, knowing I haven't heard from him in a while. He barely talks to me at school after that incident at the club that night and I wonder if he is mad at me.

After a couple rings he picks up.

"Hello?" His voice says on the other end of the line

"Hi, Zack?" I say, happy that he picked up.

"Hi, Serena, didn't expect to hear from you haha." He says lightly

"I just wanted to call you and apologise to you for that. I know that I've been distant and it really doesn't have to do with you, I've been having troubles in my personal life, so yeah. I'm sorry." I say and mean it.

"It's okay, don't worry about it. We all have our bad days, don't we?" He says and I can hear a smile in his voice. "I'm just happy you called." He continues by saying.

"Aw, thank you so much. I'm happy you picked up." I reply

"Well I need to go, but do you want to eat lunch with me at school this week?" He says

"I'd love to!" I reply quickly

"Okay, bye then" he says

"Bye" I say and hang up the phone. Well, that went well. I remember Zack's friends were really nice too.

I decide to text Uncle Ben that I'll be working after school this week, I really need spare money. I know that my mother sends a lot but I am keeping it away for my studies and bills.

I start missing Rose and wonder if I should text her. I put my phone away and try to convince myself not to. After all, I was the one to ask her for space.

After a little while I get out of the bath, get dressed and get in bed, deciding to watch Netflix on my laptop. After all, it's Sunday night and it's not too late yet.

After twenty minutes of watching a boring but entertaining series (yes, these exist) I hear someone ringing the bell more than once and get scared. Who would do this so late?

I quietly go downstairs and look through the door hole, hoping it is not Rose.

My heart breaks when I see who is standing on the other side.

a/n please read !

hi all ❤️ it's me again. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Sorry for the suspens at the end haha, but I promise you there will be a new one very soon.
On a personal note, I am dealing with a really really tough breakup since three days now. It was my first serious relationship and I don't think I'll ever get over this person, but I'm really trying to get better. My mental health is definitely not at its best tho, but it won't keep me from writing. I would appreciate all words of encouragement :,) and yes my break up inspired me to write Serena and Rose's situation the way it is right now. Theirs will eventually get better tho,, or will it ever?