21. get to work

Rose.

What is she doing here?

I stare at her blatantly and long enough for her to feel my stare and look at me. I see a sly smirk appear on her face. What on Earth is going on?

There are teachers around her and it's risky for me to just approach her, or ask her what the fuck she is doing at my school. I hate having my personal and school life mixed, plus we agreed on taking some distance. Maybe she isn't here for me at all?

I title my head to the side, hoping she will understand that I am planning on going to the bathroom and she will follow me.

I make my way to the bathroom, trying to comprehend why she is here at all. Hopefully, she will give me a reasonable explanation.

After a couple minutes, she doesn't appear. I sigh, give up and make my way towards the exit, knowing I am already super late to class.

As I open the bathroom door, I see her standing in front of me, trying to enter.

"Hi." She smiles at me

"Hi?" I enter the bathroom again. "What are you doing here Rose?" I ask, trying not to sound nervous while talking to her.

"That's not the way you should talk to your new head advisor" she winks at me.

I can't believe this woman. "How- why? How did you get a job here? Did you do it on purpose?" I ask

"I told you I was looking for normal jobs. I apparently check all the boxes for this one." She smiles innocently at me

"We can't be caught together here" I say

"Oh, don't you worry about that." She says calmly, and I don't what she means.

"Besides, you are late to class." She says

I roll my eyes at her. "You stalked my schedule?" I ask. Why am I even surprised.

"I'm replacing your teacher and saw that you were in my class today. We don't want to get noted down now, do we princess?" She asks and seductively runs her hand on the side of my face.

I take her hand away, although I missed her touch. "Why dont you ever think of the consequences?" I ask her

She looks at me in confusion. "I just want to be close to you and make sure you are okay." She says

"That's not the way to do it, Rose. Why don't you just communicate with me normally?" I sigh. And I'm the younger one in this.

She furrows her eyebrows, visibly hurt by my words. "Go to class." She says

I just leave the bathroom without answering her, and quickly remember she is replacing my teacher for this period.

I awkwardly make my way towards the classroom, knowing Rose is following me. I walk faster and faster bc of how awkward I'm feeling and suddenly hear her laughing behind me. I can't suppress my smile but quickly hide it as I open the classroom door.

As there is no teacher, everyone is just talking, seating on the tables and making an awful amount of noise.

I see Zack sleeping on a desk and sit next to him. "Morning sleepy child" I say

He opens his eyes, looks at me and smiles. "Hi you. I'm so fucking exhausted." He says

"Same here." I reply

Suddenly I hear a 'wow' coming from a guy behind me and everyone stops what they're doing to pay attention to Rose entering the classroom.

"Who's that?" A girl asks

"She's so hot" another one says

I try keeping a straight face and look at Rose. She hasn't looked at me yet and seems to be unbothered by the students comments. She probably gets them on the daily. I'm the one who gets annoyed by them.

"Class, I'm just here for the week to replace Mr. White. You may call me Miss Moreno. I know he left you some work so you better get to it quietly." She says loud enough for everyone to hear.

Her confidence is so, so hot. Something in my body shivers as she peacefully sits at her computer, not caring about what's going around her.

Students actually listen to her and take out their stuff. I personally don't really feel like working, so just take out my computer and scroll through Pinterest.

Zack keeps sleeping and honestly, I can't blame him.

Suddenly, I get a text. I take my phone out discreetly and freeze when I see Rose's name on my phone.

Rose

Stay after class.

I start typing an answer and see a hand in front of me, asking for my phone. I look up and see Rose trying to hold back a smirk.

"Phones are not allowed." She says in a strict voice. "Stay after class for detention." She adds and takes my phone from my hands.

I look at her in disbelief and embarrassment, knowing that everyone just turned around and she planned that on purpose,, so I would have an excuse to stay after class. Maybe she did plan this better than I thought, after all.

i appreciate your votes and comments so so much guys! please feel free to keep doing so if you enjoy the story !