5. white towel

I wake up in a king size bed. I realise I am in an apartment. Firstly I ask myself if I hooked up with someone last night since this isn't my house. I suddenly remember what happened last night. The club, the people I was with disappearing, me going to search for them, the club, the man, the assault and someone saving me. The voice.

Is Rose here?

I look around me, luckily my small bag and coat are carefully placed on the floor. I take my phone out of my pocket and see 3 unread messages from Zack.

Where are you? At 10:53pm

We're all worried right now. Please call me back if you went home with someone. At 11:20

I hope you're okay. You could have warned us you left. At 12:30am

I quickly text him back

I had a few problems and a friend picked me up. I am so sorry. I'll explain on Monday. I apologise, although I know none of what happened is my fault

I notice I am simply wearing my T-shirt and shorts that aren't mine. How did I undress? I have no memories of waking up during the night.

I quickly get out of this bedroom, noticing I am in a big house. Who is living here? The only person on my mind is Rose Moreno, although my mind can't process it yet.

My eyes confirm my thoughts when I see her reading a newspaper on a red sofa. She looks up at me and smiles warmly.

She is wearing a simple V neck T-shirt, her hair is down, no makeup and glasses on her nose, making her look even more beautiful.
I am sure my mouth is wide open at the sight. Rose in her natural habitat is a big yes from me.

"Are you okay?" She asks, her sensual voice filling my ears.

"What happened" is all I manage to say

"Sit down" she mentions for me to seat next to her.

I make my way and sit next to her, feeling her perfume.

"Do you remember anything from last night?" She asks, carefully placing her warm hand on my tigh

"Yes. Everything. Were you the one-?" I ask. What was she was doing there at this exact moment?

"Yes. Serena you need to be careful... I don't want you to get hurt." She says softly, her blue eyes looking right through mine

"Thank you." I tear up

"It's okay. Everything's okay, I'm here." She holds me close as I cry in her chest. It has been around three weeks since I first laid my eyes on Rose Moreno, I never knew I would ever be crying on her shoulders. She gently caresses my hair and I pull out, trying not to freak out at the lack of space between us.

"I'm sorry I ruined your shirt." I say

"It's alright" she smiles softly at me and holds my cheeks

"Um .. how did I undress?" I ask curiously

"You were passed out. I did." She simply says

"You... undressed me?" I ask

"I did" Rose says

I suddenly blush at the thought - a thought I should have never had.

"How did you carry me then?" I ask

"I live a block away from that club. Despite, you're not that heavy." She smirks

"Thank you so much..." I say. I will forever be grateful she saved my life that night.