23. bad idea

Serena's POV

I get out of Rose's classroom, not believing what had just happened.

I make my way over to the cafeteria, hoping I don't look too flustered. I collect my thoughts as much as I can but my mind keeps making me think of what had just happen, hoping to relive it soon. The area between my legs feels like it is on fire.

When I finally arrive at the cafeteria, I search for my friends and see Zack and Alissa discussing. They're probably waiting for me. I hope they are getting along just fine.

"Hi guys" I smile at them

"Hi where have you been?" Alissa asks me. Zack mentions me to sit next to him and I do so.

"I had some work to take care of, hope you didn't wait for me too long" I answer, hoping they buy it.

"It's fine we were discussing Rick and Morty" Zack laughs and Alissa chuckles

"What about Rick and Morty?" I ask

"Jerry is probably the most annoying character ever created and Jessica kind of looks like Alissa" He continues

I laugh "I agree on the Jerry thing. However, Alissa is prettier than Jessica" I blur and she furrows her eyebrows at me and smirks.

I quickly turn my head towards Zack, hoping that didn't sound like flirting.

We order our lunches and spend around twenty more minutes talking about endless different topics. I find myself smiling at how easily we get along and at the fact that there wasn't a single blank space in our conversation. I have never had troubles socialising, but I've never really gotten along with that many people in my city. Perhaps it is because I don't go out often and therefore don't know many people.

As Zack and Alissa are debating on a book I haven't read, my eyes wander around my school's cafeteria. It is quite big ; my high school is the only one in this small town, so there are a lot of students. Round tables are spread everywhere, only seniors and juniors are having lunch right now since the freshmen's and sophomores are eating at a different time, so there is space for everyone.

The teachers eat in a separate room and as I look over there, I see Rose. I get flustered as I watch her have a conversation with some other teachers ; seeing her so far away after what we just did feels weird.

"Is that..." I hear Alissa next to me

I turn towards her and curse in my head as I see her getting angry.

"Who are you guys looking at?" Zack says as he turns around, hoping to see the person we're both looking at.

"What is she doing here?" Alissa wishpers angrily to me

"I don't know, she got a job here." I answer, understand why she is upset but hoping she won't do anything against Rose.

"Are you still seeing her?" Her eyes widen as she asks me

"Alissa I-" I try to say

"Serena I warned you,, how could you be so fucking stupid? She's a sociopath!" Alissa is boiling with anger by now

"Please.. can someone explain what's going on?" Zack says

"I got played by a dangerous person that Serena is seeing now, although I warned her not to, and she is now at our school. Fucking great." She sarcastically says

"Who is she?" Zack says, eager to know more.

"Redhead" I point out and he finally sees her. Rose is thankfully too busy talking to the other teachers and doesn't see any of us staring at her.

"That's? Holy fuck" Zack's eyes widen really hard and his cheeks blush like an anime character would.

I turn over and look at Alissa "Are you okay? I know I'm probably being stupid. And I trust everything you've told me I just... I think I love her. And she promised me she would-"

"She promised you what? Promised you she would change? Promised you you were the only one she cares about? I've heard those excuses before. I don't know Serena." She sighs and stands up "I'm just trying to help you. I want to be friends with you but I can't do that if you're with her, not after all the emotional pain she has caused me. I'm sorry." She says and leaves

I immediately get super sad. I really thought Alissa and I were going to click off and eventually become closer. I completely understand her point... I just cant give up on Rose.

I feel a hand on mine and look at Zack. I smile sadly at him and he does the same.

"She'll come around.. eventually. I only spent around twenty minutes with her but could tell she really cares about you. Do you think there might, perhaps, be another reason why she isn't happy that you're with that Rose woman?" He says, trying to tell me something.

"What are you saying? Alissa and I are not that close. But I was honestly hoping we could be." I sigh

"I'm saying... I spent a short amount of time alone with her and all she kept talking about was you. I think she likes you. Do you think that could be possible?" He asks and my eyes widen.

Could Alissa like me? We used to hate each other... now she is being utterly sweet for no reason, but there is no reason why she would have feelings for me, right?

"I honestly don't think so..." I say, still thinking about it.

"Just sayin'" Zack says

"Anyways, how are you doing? We haven't really gotten a chance to talk." I ask him to change the subject

"I'm fine, you know. Still hanging out with Kaia and Flynn. My family's going through some health troubles but they'll be okay. Just vibing and enjoying this last year." He smiles, but I could see that smile was hiding a lot of pain.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I ask him

"I don't know. I definitely have feelings for Kaia and it's hard for me."

"Oh, no. I'm really sorry you have to go through this." I take his hand. This must be so hard for him.

"Yeah. It's going to be okay, though." He sadly smiles

I squeeze his hand in mine smile at him. After a few seconds, I get distracted and look around us. I search for Rose, seemingly not able to get my eyes off her, and freeze when I see her looking right back at me.

Her glare shifts to Zack and she doesn't look too happy.