7. harry

I jump out of excitement when I see my brother and open the door before hugging him as hard as I can. I missed him so much. I hear him laughing and hugging me back.

"What are you doing here?" I ask with the biggest smile on my face

"I have a week break in college and wanted to surprise you. What are you up to little sister?" He says, his smile apparent as well

"Thank you for coming, come in" I say and let him finally inside the house

"Are you hungry?" I ask him, still happy about my brother being with me.

"Yeah I'm starving" he says as he takes his jacket off and drops his suitcase before running towards the fridge. Some habits never change.

"How is college?" I ask him after he picked some food and sat across the table.

"The usual. This year is way more interesting though. A lot of meetings and less tasks." He says between chewing

I nod. I can't wait to be in college as well, I can't deal with high school anymore.

"Any girlfriends?" I ask smiling a little too hard for his liking. Harry never liked it when I wanted to know about his private life and this is the reason why I always ask him about it when I see him.

"Maybe." He surprises me by saying. It is the first time he actually admits having something going on with someone.

"Oh my god! Really? Are you my brother?" I joke, earning a punch from him

"Shut up." He chuckles "Her name is Jasmine. She's very nice, I think you would like her." He says calmly

"Unlike Jessica." I roll my eyes referring to his ex

"Jessica was a mistake." He chuckles

"Oh please, never again. That girl was crazy." I say and he nods, agreeing.

After an hour of talking and chatting about what is going on in both of our lives, Harry went upstairs to rest while I cleaned up the kitchen. He, of course, helped me with the plates but I am used to doing it all by myself.

To my surprise, the doorbell rings again. I furrow my eyebrows. Who could it be? Dad?
I make my way towards the door and open it.

Rose. What is she doing here? She couldn't have chosen a worse time to come at. My goddamn brother is here. It doesn't matter how close Harry and I are, I don't want him to know something is going on between me and Rose Moreno. I don't even know if knows who she is although he probably does. Uncle Ben does.

"What are you doing here?" I whisper carefully, not even daring to look at her in the eyes after those texts we exchanged.

To my surprise, Rose doesn't say anything, although I hear her chuckle.

"Rose you can't be here." I say. No matter how much Harry loves me, he can be very overprotective. I don't want him to know anything  about what has been going on between her and I.

"Why not?" She simply says, her smile fading away.

"My brother is here, please leave." I say quietly

"I didn't know you had a brother." Rose says

"Well I do he's back from college. Now please Rose.." I say while closing the door.

"Serena?" I hear Harry's angry voice.