10. ma'am

I don't dare to turn around, to frightened. Rose, I think.

I pull the door, but it doesn't open. How is it locked?
I look over at Emily and she leaves. My breathing is heavy. I should have never come here.

I feel Rose's heels getting closer to me and turn around. I will have to face her either way.

"Why did you follow me here, Serena?" Her raspy voice says. She looks mad. I think. Her face doesn't show any emotions, like most of the time.

"I-I'm so sorry. I'm going to leave." I say

"You're not going anywhere." She says and my breath hitches in my throat. Is she going to hurt me? I look at her with pleading eyes. No, Rose won't hurt me.

"I think you should learn not to cross any boundaries." Rose says, brushing a strand of my hair behind my ear. I breath heavily as she presses her body to mine once again.

"Follow me upstairs." Rose says and turns around. I follow her shyly, scared but anticipating at the same time.

We walk through the corridor and get to the big room I saw earlier. Workers were getting ready for the night, rearranging some things here and there or practicing some moves. I don't ask any questions. I notice Rose walking quickly.

"And who is this?" I hear an amused voice and look into that direction. A man in his thirties smirking down at me.

"Nobody, come on Serena." Rose says, anger obvious on her face. I see her jaw clenching

"Come on, you're not going to introduce me?" The man comes closer to us. Rose doesn't push him off.

"I'm Joe. And you are?" He asks politely, his hand out for me to shake. I take it and answer "Serena" with a shy smile. He doesn't look dangerous.

I see something in his eyes changing just the way they did when I said my name to Emily. What on Earth is going on?

Rose takes my wrist sharply, making me yelp a little because of the pain.

"I told you to follow me. Understand?" Rose says and I nod, scared. Her menacing look spread chills all over my body.

We walk up the stairs and can't help but think about the beautiful moment we had when I woke up at her place. Rose would never physically hurt me, would she? The worst thing that could happen now is her telling me not to talk to her ever again.

When we get on the second floor, I see another corridor in front of us. The walls are painted black, the only light shining through is a purple light hanging from the ceiling.

Rose takes a key out of her pocket and unlocks the first door on the left. She motions me to get in and once I'm inside the door, I feel her locking the door behind us.

The room looks like a hotel room, I can guess it is the place costumers use to... hum.

"Rose I can explain-" I start off, panicking.

I expected her to start yelling at me but instead, she crosses her arms over her chest and chuckles, that familiar smirk forming on her gorgeous face.

"Go on, explain." She says, amused.

"I-I don't know. I'm so sorry. I was curious.. I'll go." I sigh

Rose gets closer to me. "You're right. You were too curious. Why did you feel like invading my privacy like that, princess?" She says softly