42 | pink park

SOHEE

yukhei took me to the pink park, the park filled with sakura trees. this park was big, and i think we just lost the others, but yukhei didn't wanted me to worry about it.

i remember those old days, yukhei would take me here when i was always upset or needed something to tell him.

we were walking a long path, sakura trees on the sides as the petals slowly fell down the solid floor. it was relaxing, and fresh.

to be honest, i don't find it awkward being with yukhei anymore. i am still upset though. but we have been talking a lot, and it's not so awkward anymore.

it's just like the old me and him.

"you see sohee, i don't know if this is the right timing to tell you, but it's best to tell you." yukhei said, i smiled and walked like a kid beside him. "it's okay, you can tell me everything." i said, looking down at our feet that took steps.

he sighed, and stopped his tracks. i frowned, and looked behind, seeing him face down the floor with a single tear flowing down his cheek made me frown.

"yukhei?" i whispered, i walked towards him and cupped his cheek. "yukhei, tell me." i gulped, wiping his tears off.

he bursts out crying, and buried his face on my shoulder. i was so shock seeing him like this because it's been years. i never knew what to do, when someone was crying. so i pulled him into an embrace, supporting him.

"it's okay yukhei, you don't have to tell if it's so hard for you." i whispered, but he quickly pulled his head away from my shoulder.

he took a deep breath, and connected his eyes with mine. his eyes were red, and cheeks were poured with tears. "oh yukhei, you don't have to tell me if you can't.-"

"sohee, i have a weak heart." he interrupted me.

those words made my eyes dilate, as i felt my whole body almost collapse down the ground. i didn't wanted to believe him, but he's right in front of me, telling the truth.

"no, what? no you don't yukhei." i kept denying, and didn't wanted the truth. i couldn't stand it.

i seriously couldn't.

"i am so sorry sohee, sorry for telling you so late." he apologized, wrapping his arms around my shoulder and hugging me tightly.

i felt a tear escape my eye. "no, this can't be yukhei, this can't be." i whispered, not even hugging back and didn't wanted to believe him.

"i am sorry sohee, you have to believe me. i do have a weak heart, ever since i left you." he cried, hearing him cry made me cry madly too.

"i thought it would be best, if you just forget about me and move on instead of knowing i have a weak heart. i thought it would be a great idea to let you be happy with another one, and it is a great idea." he broke he hug, and looked at me with tears falling down his broken eyes.

"that's the reason sohee, i left you because i wanted you to move on." he spoke the truth.

"why would i move on? it's not like, you're....." i gulped, and shook my head. "you're not...." i stuttered, and couldn't speak it.

you had no idea how much i felt my heart, tearing a part like a fragile furniture.

yukhei grabbed my hand, squeezing them tightly. "i- i'm gone for almost a week sohee."

i let out more tears, and once the first one broke free, it followed an unbroken stream that made me scream out of pain inside.

"i am truly sorry for saying it so late."

i grabbed his hands tightly, biting my lower lip and shook my head. "please, yukhei you can't leave." i plead, and sobbed like a small child.

"i am sorry sohee." he pulled me into a tight embrace, placing a small kiss on my head and cried with me.

"please yukhei, don't leave me. i just got you back, you can't leave me again. you're almost the only one i have, i can't let you go." i gulped, and clawed his white shirt that was soaked with my poor tears.

"sohee," he pulled me away, and cupped my shoulder as he stared into my puffed eyes. "promise me something." he spoke with a serious voice, and i couldn't do anything but cry in front of him as if he was scolding me.

"i need you to promise me, that you will still stay strong as the old sohee i know." he said.

the old sohee can't come back anymore, she's been through a lot.

"promise me to find a boy the way i was to you, the way i made you smile, the way i made you laugh, made you happy, comfortable and safe." he shook my shoulder, trying to stop me from crying madly. "promise me that."

"mark...." i mumbled, he was the first one that came up inside my mind. "i promise yukhei, i promise." i spoke.

he pulled me back again, as i cried on his chest and hugged him tightly. i hoped this moment would never end, this scene is the only scene i would want to last for years.

"why'd you only tell me now yukhei? why now? why so late?" i sobbed, he hugged me tighter. "i am sorry sohee, i really wished i did tell you earlier."

"one of the reasons why i was so late, was because....."

"i was the old heartbreaker." he spoke, that nickname gave me goosebumps.

that nickname everyone kept using, i really want to cut off their tongue if they use that.

"it's okay..." i lied. it wasn't okay, not at all.

maybe i just need to accept the fact that some people can't stay in my life, but in my heart they'll always be there.

note: blep, lucas the heartbreaker!