part nine

unedited.
selena's pov.

"so selena are you doing cheer this year?" lydia asked, smiling as wide as she could.

i fake smile, "um i haven't decided yet." i have decided, i needed to for my scholarship but it made me so depressed.

she nods, her smile fading. "well tryouts are tomorrow." i laughed, thinking she was being sarcastic. i haven't had to try out since seventh grade.

she walks away before i could say anything else, my attention turning back to my locker, grabbing whatever i needed.

"hey." ethan said, approaching me from the left.

"hi." i reply softly.

( flashback to last night )

"are you seriously even considering hanging out with this guy?" ethan raises his voice at me, me being confused on why this affected him so much.

i furrow my eyebrows, "what's going on with you?" i raise my voice to his level, moving away from him.

he runs his hair, thinking to himself. almost like he's debating something. then he just blurts out, "grayson wants you back."

my eyes widen, surprised that ethan would even bring him up. although ethan and grayson are brothers, it's not like they're the bestest of friends.

so why would he even care if grayson supposedly wanted me back? last time i checked ethan was severely against that. why was he so against brody?

"are you kidding?" i say, a laugh following up after. genuinely concerned for his mental health!

he shook his head really fast, "just don't date him! don't fuck him, don't talk to him, don't text him, don't look at him, don't think about it, ok?"

"ethan i don't know if you're being serious but if you are you need to get the fuck out of my room."

his face scrunches up, "why?"

"you do not under any circumstance get to tell me what i can and can't do with my body, and especially who i can talk to. and i can't believe you're defending grayson!"

he opens his mouth to respond but then stops himself.

he gets up and walks to my window, jumping out.

i sigh, falling back into my bed.

( back )

"are you mad at me?" he asked, biting his lip and scanning my face for any reactions.

i shake my head, turning around and starting to walk the other way.

brody stopped me in lunch, sitting down at my table, "hey, so when do you wanna go out?"

well he's straight forward.

"um actually.."

"how about tonight?" he suggests before i could finish, i nod.

he grins, turning around to get smacked in the face by sierra.

oh but it does not stop there.

she pulls on his shirt, slapping him across the cheek once more. i sit back, not surprised.

ethan shows up out of thin air, pulling me by the arm, and out of the cafeteria. "what just happened?" he asked, looking back through the window in the door, sierra screaming at brody while two teachers separate them from each other.

i go to start talking before remembering that ethan didn't want me to even be talking to him.

"i don't know, they just came over to my table and started arguing." i lies through my teeth.

ethan rolls his eyes, "why are you lying to me?"

how did he know?