part twenty

unedited.
selena's pov.

two weeks have passed. what went wrong? i heard ethan's knock pattern on my window. was it him? it was 3 am.

i moved my curtains and looked outside to see ethan on my fire escape, i let him in obviously. maybe he's ready to talk.

"what're you doing here?" i ask as he sits on my bed with me, i didn't get a good look at him before, he was crying?

"ethan what the fuck are you okay?"

"i'm so sorry."

"what?" i ask putting my hands on his shoulders trying to make him look at me.

he sighs, "for ignoring you, for everything. i told you you deserved better and i just acted like all the fuckboys i hate."

"it's okay, what happened?"

"i broke up with her."

he started dating a girl named alissa, she was cute but i didn't know her that well. but she had some weird grudge against me.

"are you okay?"

"i never really liked her."

my eyebrows furrowed, then why did he decide to date her? why would he give up our friendship for a girl he wasn't even into.

"so why're you crying?"

he took a second to breathe before leaning in and pressing his lips against mine. i was confused for a second before just kissing him back. it was weird, like a reflex.

"i'm confused." i say as we pull apart.

"you're the only girl i'm interested in." he told me, my eyes not being able to make contact with his.

"ethan didn't you hear?"

"what?"

"me and grayson got back together."