Chapter 8 Groups 'n stuff...

The next day was Friday. Now, apparently, on Fridays, the school chooses different groups from people from each class. For example, Drake, Slender, Liam and I would be in the same group. Something like that.

But since I didn't know anyone other than them, I was kinda nervous.

I put my hands behind my back and eased my way over to the teachers desk and out of the crowd of students.

"Hi.... uhm... I don't know anyone in this group I'm in. Like, no one at all." I said.

"Well, do you know anyone here?" She answered nicely. "Because I could put you in a group of people that you know."

"Yes. please." I looked at my list and saw that Drake and Slender were in the same group as Liam and two random girls. "Oh. How many people get to be in a group?"

"Six."

"Can I go in this group?" I pointed to then one with Liam and Drake in it. "Please? I know them."

"You know the very popular boys in the school?" a girl came up behind me and tapped my left shoulder.

"Yeah, why?" I asked casually. "Doesn't everyone?"

"No!" she answered. "You're so lucky! you know how you died AND the most popular boys. What else do you know?"

She looked really interested in this conversation.

"Well, I know that when I looked medusa in the eyes, I didn't turn to stone." I said shrugging.

"Woah. That's too good." She put her hands up like she surrendered. "I can't even..... wow."

I smiled. "Yeah. Her eyes were really ugly. Like, a really ugly green colour."

A while after that conversation, I got to be in my friends' group.

I walked over to the corner that they were in. But the closer I got, the shyer I felt.

I approached them ever so quietly.

Liam noticed and whispered something into Drake's ear.

Then they both looked at me and Drake came over and pulled me into the little circle they were in.

"So you're in this group too?" one girl said in a sassy attitude. "Wow. What a shame. And we were having so much fun by ourselves."

The other girl sighed. "If only you could just disappear..."

The first girl had short, blonde, wavy hair and brown eyes.

The second girl hand permed, red hair and also had brown eyes.

"Girls...." Drake said. "This is Hannah."

"Oh. The girl we were just talking about. Wow." The first girl said. "Well, I'm Karen and this is Diana. We're sisters."

They sure seemed like snobs.

"How come you're in the popular group and yet you're not popular?" Diana asked in a snotty attitude.

"Cuz I only know these three boys. I don't know anyone else in this school." I answered. "Why are you in the popular group?"

"Cuz we're popular."

"Pfft. I never would've guessed."

Liam tried to hide his laughter at what I said.

Then the speakers in the halls went off. 'Attention students! Now that everyone is in their groups, choose one person to be your partner. You and your partner will go on a scavenger hunt with your wrists tied together. You are all in a a group of six. So it won't be difficult to find a partner. Oh. And come to the office to get the list of things to find. Thank you.'

I looked around at everyone. People were getting together and teachers were tying their wrists together with fabric strips. The did this triple knot thing so that no one could get out of it.

The two snotty girls were together, Drake and Slender were together, and Liam and I were the only two left.

Since you were supposed to go with the same gender, it was a problem.

I saw Liam's cheeks turn a bright red as he looked at me.

I shrugged. "Don't worry. I'm good at almost everything."

He smirked. "Heh. Sure."

A teacher came to us and reached into her pocket to get a piece of cloth. But then she stopped and reached in her other pockets.

Then I saw handcuffs all lined up on a rack.

I ran over to get a pair and brought it back.

"Why not use these?" I asked, clipping then onto my wrist and Liam's wrist.

He struggled a little. "Hannah! there's no key for these!"

I finished and then I realized what he just said.

No key?

Why would someone have handcuffs in a school with no key?

Ugh! Being dead is so confusing!

My eyes widened. "What? There's gotta be a key."

"I'm afraid there isn't." The teacher looked down. "I'm sorry though. Come to the office afterwards and the principle will ply them off."

This time I blushed and so did Liam.

Soon, we got our list and a pencil.

Apparently, this scavenger hunt had to do with the next Fridays event.

Everyone got to the starting point and read their list down.

I looked at Liam. "So you're pretty popular at school, I'm assuming."

He nodded. "Yeah."

Then something random came to my mind. "Hey. Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"How many girlfriends have you...." then I caught myself and his face turned red. "Y-y-y-y-you don't have to answer that!" I blushed a little. "Sorry...."

"None." He answered quietly. "None of the girls I know are the right ones. So none."

I sighed and looked up.

'Anytime now.' I thought to myself. 'When this scavenger hunt gonna start?'