Chapter 13 Awkward...

When Liam and Slender got home, I instantly felt awkward to stand next to Liam.

See, I used to know a Liam when I was alive. He looked just like this Liam. He even sounded like him.

I, uhm,... also had a crush on that Liam when I was alive.

Even though I was like 6 years old.

We never really spoke. But when the whole class was talking about how Liam went missing, I got really sad.

They said he got a huge dog bite from a pit-bull on his way home from school. And plus he didn't have his shots, and the dog had rabies. So,... Yeah.

I never mentioned it before cuz I knew it wasn't the same Liam from grade 2.

But see, now that I was in grade 7, I knew he was that certain Liam. He looked the same. And even I looked the same from grade 2 so I was smarter.

I knew things.

Cuz I'm smart.

And stuff.

So anyways...

I sat down at the table with Slender and Liam.

It was silent for a while, but I broke that silence.

"Can I ask you a question?" I looked at Liam. But then I rolled my head to face Slender. "Slender."

I glanced quickly at Liam who had a look of confusion, shock and the slightest bit of anger on his face.

"Sure, what?" Slender said in a calm tone.

"How does Halloween work in the monster world?" I put one finger right under my lower lip.

At the time, Liam was drinking water, so when I asked that, he sprayed it everywhere and fell off his chair, laughing and rolling on the ground.

"You've been dead longer than I have, Liam Brown. So you'd know." I raised my voice a little louder but not too loud.

Liam slowly stopped laughing. Then he said, "wait.... wait a sec..." He stood up fast and then yelled. "How the HELL do you know my name?"

"Two things." I began. "One, stop yelling, Drake is sick and sleeping. Two, do remember this,..."

I started to say the first time we spoke.

"Hey, how come you're by yourself?"

"I hate people. Everyone here is lame."

"Come play with me. I'm not that lame."

"No."

"Why not?"

"Your boring. I was just watching you. I don't wanna play that stupid stuff."

"...Fine. Rot in your misery."

"Hey!"

I finished and looked deep into Liam's emerald green eyes.

"Hannah..... Friesen?" he said in surprise. "Hannah Friesen from grade one?"

"Yeah. We never really talked much though." I answered.

"Holy sh---" Liam started to say but I cut him off.

"I gotta go check on Drake for a while. He's got a major fever." I said, grabbing a face clothe and a bowl of hot soup.

___

Liam

___

I knew her. She was the only girl I knew that wasn't related to me when I was alive.

But I never talked to her. I avoided her my whole life.

Wow.

She sure has changed.

Hannah got a bowl of hot soup and a face clothe and went into Drake's room.

After she shut the door, I picked Slender up and swung him around.

"Boy!" I said, setting a dizzy Slender down. "I didn't think I'd kiss my classmate."

I instantly covered my mouth as I finished the sentence.

Slender tilted his head sideways. "You kissed her?"

".....Yeah." I said removing my hand. "It was my first kiss. And... I think it was hers as well."

At that moment, Slender had actually made an expression.

For once, his eyes widened, and he looked terrified. Probably of what I said.

But why?

Why would he be terrified?

Does he.... like Hannah?

Like, like-like her?

He so does.

Ha!

I knew it.

First guess.

Trollolol.

Slender dropped to his knees and covered his mouth. Slowly.

"Why..." he whispered. "Why do I care so much?..."

I couldn't move or speak.

Slender man had a crush on a... freakishly attractive black cat.