Chapter 9 Oh yes. There were more activities. I just liked these ones better.

The whistle finally blew and we all started.

I looked down the list and the first thing I recognized was 'cedar bark' and then I recognized 'a lock of orange hair'.

Man. There sure are a lot of weird things to find.

-shampoo from the showers.

-pencil shavings.

-class pet tears.

Random things I'd(lies!)never even think of.

Pretty soon we found almost everything. And meanwhile, there was no talking.

I found everything except for one thing and then I realized what it was.

'A sample of soap from the sink in one of the bathrooms.' And since there were girls crowding in the female bathroom, and only a few guys in the male bathroom, we had to go in there.

I almost fainted.

The guys bathroom?

We both stopped in front of the men's bathroom.

I pulled the ribbon from my ponytail and my hair fell.

"Sorry Liam. Gotta use my other hand for a sec." I tilted my head towards the handcuffs and started to tie a knot behind my head.

As soon as Liam's hand touched my silky smooth brown hair, his face turned bright red and his eyes widened.

I could tell he was quite uncomfortable.

I finished blindfolding myself and put my hand down.

The red on Liam's face died down and he sighed.

"Okay. We can go in now." I said. "I just(true)didn't wanna have to see anything."

We entered and Liam paid no attention to the other boys around him.

He got out the sample tube and put the soap inside.

But as he did this, I didn't have to see the stares the other boys were giving us. I could feel them.

"Do you mind not staring?" I asked calmly. "Yeah. I can't see. But your stares are so ugly and petrifying, that I can just feel them."

"Got it." Liam twisted the cap on tight. "Let's go, Hannah."

I followed and we left the bathroom.

"Gotta use my hand again." I pulled the knot on my blindfold. But since I did it so fast, I heard a breaking sound of metal between our wrists.

I looked down at the handcuffs and then I saw it.

The chain on the handcuffs broke.

"How did you..." Liam stopped himself. "What are we supposed to do now? we can't use your ribbon, cuz then the teacher will collect it. All we can do is.... oh. Dear. Ghost. No."

"Uh..." the cuffs both fell off our wrists and then I noticed.

We had to hold hands.

Liam's face basically glowed with bright red. Then he burst out in a nosebleed and fell to the ground.

Then I saw a teacher coming down the hall and I slipped my hand under his.

I clenched it to the right strength and pulled him up again.

"C'mon." I said running towards the next station of activities. He ran with me as well.

The next activity was, wait for it,.... Racing.

We had to run around the school and come back the finish line. But we were allowed to let go of each other's hands for this. So when we came back, we'd touch our hands together and then our partners would go.

But when we ran, we had to transform into our first form.

So, in other words, Liam had to be his brown cute little dog and I had to be my black cat.

We were up against some red headed chicks. They were pretty creepy looking. Kinda like zombies.

The whistle blew I took off first. The red headed chick ran too. She was surprisingly fast.

I transformed into my little black cat and I just bolted. Kinda like black lightning.

The red headed girl transformed into her first form.

It was kinda surprising. She was a, wait for it,.... Ostrich.

'Ooooookay.' I thought to myself. 'Imma win this for me. No one else.'

I ended up passing first, then Liam ran and transformed into the cute brown dog he was.

He also bolted. But he wasn't lighting like me.

He passed first cuz the other girl didn't transform. She got disqualified. Along with her little ostrich partner.

Then we finished and we had to run together while holding our hands.

Liam was obviously blushing. And he wasn't smiling.

I rolled my eyes and just kept on running.

We got to the office and I let go of Liam's hand.

He was panting, but I just stood there, in front of the office people.

"Done." I said.

"Good! now you can go home if you like. Since it's Friday and you're the first ones finished, you may go. Shoo now! have fun!" the female teacher smiled and happily said.

We were on our way home, when Liam broke the silence.

"I hear there's a fair in town. It's only for the dead though. You wanna.... go with me?" he scratched behind his head.

I smiled. "Sure!" I loved stuff like that. Carnivals and special events.

Then, out of nowhere, he just grabbed my hand and held it as we walked down the road to home.

I blushed a little.

"You know," I started. "I've only been dead a while. But I think I can actually call this world home."