Meeting

Kaneki's POV - 23rd January, 2012
Chinatown, New York

I'm sitting on the edge of a building rooftop in chinatown, the place are quiet and looks like people rarely came here, i could clearly see the view of some part of New york. Its still four more days before the deadline that man gave me, i gave his offer some thought, the offer itself doesn't sound too bad i get a new life here they might even make the cops stop looking for me or maybe i could find a way home, to be honest i'm still worried about my friends what if they got caught by CCG or even worse. I joined Aogiri so i could become even stronger, so i could protect my friends from harm but right now, i don't know.. That SHIELD organization doesn't seem to be a place for someone like me, i don't even know if i could still have my freedom if i joined them.

"Uughh... My head hurts just by thinking of it" i said while holding my head

I haven't ate or slept ever since that night where the police almost caught me, i can handle my hunger but lack of sleep makes thinking really hard, i don't sleep since i feared that i might lose control again and went rampaging in the city. I wonder if all Kakuja had the same problem or is it just me but i can't really ask them since i'm the only ghoul here.

"I guess being the only ghoul in this world is a problem now" i sighed while watching the view

'I wonder what Hide's up to these day' i thinked to myself

I haven't seen him for ages, last time i saw Hide is when that accident with Nishiki-Senpai, i still remembered when i lost control and almost ate... Him. Not a good memory, i've been too scared to meet him ever since that day, i bet he's looking for me seeing ever since i joined Aogiri i was labeled missing and only a handful of people knew i joined them. I don't want to involve Hide in that massive sh*tstorm.. After all he's still my only best friend in the world. I still remembered when i would went to his house and watch some movies together, i also remembered that day when we're in middle school, i always get bullied since i'm a quiet and introverted girl back then, everytime that happen Hide would always stand up for me. One time he got in a fight with some guy in our class, he got bruises and bloody nose but managed to beat the sh*t out of that guy, later both of them got detention for 2 whole weeks. After school i would always went to his home and share my notes with him.

"Those were the days" i said, letting out a small chuckles

Back then i'm just a weak shy girl who can't do anything but now.... I'm litteraly able to kill someone with my bare hand, from a normal girl to a half-ghoul Kakuja, changes can be very terrifying sometimes. While i was imagining what it would be like if i'd never went to a date with that assh*le Rize i suddenly heard a scream coming from one of the alley. I jumped from rooftop to rooftop, sprinting across it, when i arrived there i saw a blind middle aged woman who's being robbed by two masked guys with guns.

'Robbing someone in broad daylight? Those guys must be either very brave or f*cking stupid' i said in my mind while jumping down

I landed silently and started walking towards them
"Did you guys got nothing better to do" i said

Both of them were startled and immediately turns around and aimed their gun at me

"Wha... The f*ck is this b*tch?" The man with a hockey mask said

"This got nothing to do with you girl, so how 'bout you leave this place" the guy with ski mask said, threatening me with his gun

"I got a better idea, go f*ck yourself" i said while cracking my finger

"Look b*tch. There's two of us and we got guns, so piss off before we kill you and dump your body in the sewer" the hockey mask guy said, waving his gun at me