The Dilemma

Alex Pov:

I was watching Holly laugh and mess around with Danny and Ben, most of it was flirting and taking the piss out of each other. She looked like she was having so much fun, her smile was contagious, it made her whole face light up, her eyes could light up the room right now. “The creepy Alex doesn’t look good on you” I heard a voice come from behind me, “I don’t know what you’re talking about” it was Cassadee, Rian’s girlfriend, she stood next to me watching on as they laughed together. Man, I wish I was one of them, she looked so happy. “You know she likes you right?” I shook my head, refusing to believe it, everyone knows that, Josh and Holly will definitely end up together its inevitable.

They’ve been friends since they were tiny and I can’t compete with that. Not to mention the fact that she lives in England and I don’t. “No chance, have you seen her with Josh?” She started laughing which made me rather confused, it wasn’t a funny remark it was true “yeah but what you don’t realise Alex is that I’ve seen her with everyone here and no one in this room competes with the look on her face when she is with you. Right now, she looks happy, she’s laughing away with Danny and Ben, when she is with Josh, it’s like she’s with a family member her brother even, but when she’s with you, it’s like she’s content, she doesn’t need to try to be someone she’s not around you. Trust me Alex, I’m a girl, I know these things” I picked up my bottle and walked away “sure Cass.”

I know it was rude but I’m not all for false hope.

Josh Pov:

I got bored talking to Max and Matt so I decided to go and see what Holly was doing. I knew she was pissed off at me but she’s never been able to be mad at me for long. “Alright guys?” Danny and Ben gave me a mutual nod and Holly ignored me…”Its been great talking to you guys, we should get together some time during warped again have another party, but Im going to go and see other people” I watched as they stared at her the way any man would “Yeah catch up soon love” they walked away and she turned around to leave “Holly wait! At least tell me what I’ve done!?” She turned back around facing me “you know what Josh, Im tired, I love you to bits but you’re such a fucking cunt! You’re nice to me one minute and you treat me like a friend but when you’re with everyone else Im nothing. Im tired of pretending I don’t care, its gone too far Im supposed to be your friend too you know!”

She stormed off rendering me speechless. What was all that out, I haven’t said anything bad about her, I’d never do that. Who would she talk to about it… Its got to be Tony, she tells him everything, him and Alex are the only other people she trusts, other than Andy but she doesn’t like moaning to him because she thinks he doesn’t like it.

I made my way over to the Pierce The Veil bus, Tony and Vic didn’t go to the party, but Jaime and Mike did. “Alright Vic, Tony has Holly spoke to you?” he shook his head standing up “is she here!? I haven’t had the chance to walk about, where is she?” I told him everything and he nodded while he listened. I see why she tells him all her problems. It actually look like he cares.

Holly Pov:

I was so relieved I got that off my chest, I’ve wanted to say that for a while now. I’m sick of him, we are supposed to be best friends, I’ve known him longer than any of them have and he treats me like just some other idiot when he’s with other people. I need a break.

I went out of the massive gazebo that we were all under and went for a walk. There isn’t really anywhere to go, I’m just surrounded by buses and fences. There’s nowhere for me to go. Fuck it, I’m just going back to the bus and lie in my bunk. A’ll rejoin the party later, I just need a small break to calm down and be happy again.

I heard someone knock on door to the bunks so I popped my head out of the curtain and pushed the door open “Oh, hi” I moved over to make space for him “Don’t seem too disappointed” he lay down beside me, both facing the the bunk above us. “Sorry I was hoping that you were someone else” that sounds so sketchy, I really don’t have a way with words “Josh?” I nodded my head “I saw what happened, are you okay?” I bit my lip, I was hoping that no one saw that. I bet I looked like a complete psycho moaning over something petty! “Yeah, I was hoping he would come and apologize, which sounds stupid, I should say sorry for being a twat” I could see from the corner of my eye that he was shaking his head. “No, I was there when he treated you like dirt. I know where you’re coming from, you’re not a twat Holly”

I felt his hand clasp mine and I turned around to face him “Anyway, how did you know I was here?” he tried to fight the smile that was about to conquer his cheeks and show off his dimples “I just figured that you’re like me and don’t like going anywhere alone so this is where you would be” I smiled back at him “So are you coming back to the party?” he rolled out of the bunk reaching out for my hand “Sure, why not?”

He walked in front of me holding my hand “Wait” I said abruptly, he turned and faced me suddenly “Yeah?” I went up on my tip toes holding his head in my hands. It’s only now that I realise how small I actually am! I closed my eyes and hoped for the best. I could feel his breath on my face, his mouth getting closer to mine with every second.