Chapter 9

I walk towards the looming doors of Beacon Hills High School. I reach up and adjust the brown wig centered on my head. Sadly when the hospital let me come home, school was out for the rest if the week. Apparently the two idiots got themselves, Lydia, Allison, and Jackson stuck in the school with the alpha. Sadly the alpha didn't go all red riding hood on Jackass. It also turns out Scott has a connection with the alpha. Big Bad Wolf says kill and Scott wants to. Feels the need to. Derek also had two near death experiences. One being when Allison's aunt shot him. And I just so happen to be having dinner with her and Allison tonight. Yay...

I make my way up to the steps when a hand wraps around my upper arm. I'm pulled away from the steps and to the side.

"What the? Oh Derek!" I say smiling up at him.

"What are you doing?"

"What? I'm going to school."

"Why? Lily you shouldn't be here!" he lowers his voice. "You're sick Lily. You're acting like nothing's wrong but it is. What if something happens while you're here?" He carries on scolding me.

"Derek Derek!" I yell. "I'll be fine!"

"Lily..."

"You know what! Derek I've decided I don't have cancer!"

"You can't do that Lily." He says looking at me with sad eyes.

"Yes I can and I just did. I don't have cancer anymore. No need for you to worry." I say patting his shoulder a few times. I turn back around and walk into the school.

"Lily!" Someone calls and I feel myself scooped up into Stiles arms. "It was terrible being stuck with Scott so long!" He fake cries into my shoulder.

"You were with him your entire life before I came along!"

"Yeah but you're here now! And Scott's a werewolf!" he pulls back and smiles at me. "You're the normal in my life." I feel guilty immediately. I'm not normal anymore. Well I never really was but now I'm sick. "Hey what's wrong?" he asks.

"It's nice to have some normal." I look up at him and smile. He grins back at me.

"You want to come over tonight? We still haven't watched Batman?"

"I can't." I frown. Watching Batman with stiles would be much more fun than the plans I do have. "I'm having dinner with Allison and Crazy Aunt Kate. But we could watch it right after school if you want!"

"Yeah. That'd be cool." He says nodding spastically.

"You still have to tell me what it was like punching Jackass." I exclaim giddily. "Gah I wish I was there."

"How was back home?" He asks wearily. I hesitate before answering.

"It was great! Crisis averted!" I say with a smile.

"Umm actually I kind of googled Mystic Falls...."

"What did you find?" I question nervously.

"Bodies drained of blood. Many peoples deaths, including a lot with the last name Gilbert. I don't think you've been completely honest with us Lil."

"Are you mad at me?" I advert my eyes to the dirty hallway floor.

"No actually. I understand. But you're going to tell me about it some day okay?"

"Yeah." I grin up at him and feel my cheeks redden when he gives me that goofy little grin of his. I hear the clicking of heels and look down the hall to see Lydia. "I'll see you in class Stilinski." I run across the hall and glomp her. "Lyd.." I say holding her tighter. Stiles told me how Lydia was really messed up from the alpha thing.

"Lily, thank god you're back!"she says pulling away.

"I heard you had lots of fun while I was gone." She lets out a laugh and I mentally cheer. After she laughs her eyes look me up and down. I see her eyebrows furrow and a frown on her face. "Something wrong?"

"What? Oh no just thinking." She loops her arm through my own. "Now let's get to class."

~

"Okay students, this semester we will be reading the Oddessey. I'm sure you all are absolutely thrilled an- Greenburg! Stop acting like an idiot!" Mrs. Hapney yells. I tune out after that as she continues chewing out Greenburg. This has become a regular occurrence in our English class. I look towards the board and see the words blurring together. Looking to my left I see the heads of student mixing and folding. I get out of my seat and rush to the bathroom dreading what is going to happen next. Digging in my purse I feel for the medicine bottle inside. My vision starts turning black and my stomach feels as though it's on fire. I hear the clinging of plastic on the cheap tile floor. I let out a whimper as I slide to the ground my vision completely gone. The pain is unbearable like tiny needles or a butcher's knife hacking away at my insides. The doctors said that these little episodes were a side effect of the chemo. Unfortunately if I don't get my meds it can cause seizures and possibly cardiac arrest. Luckily Beks has been watching me like a hawk to make sure I'm okay. But she's not here now. Warm liquid starts to seep from my eyes. I can smell the slight hint of salt. Every muscle in my body starts to clench and I can't move. I want to let out a cry of distress but don't.

"Lily?" Someone leans down and picks up the medicine bottle. There's a moment of nothingness before two pills are shoved down my throat. Slowly the buzzing in my head goes away and my sight comes back. The pain is now only subtle and I carefully move my limbs. Looking up I see the owner of the voice. And my heart sinks in my chest.

A/N Sorry for the late and short update. My schoolwork has been crazy and my phone acting up. I'm going to try to update much faster! I know there hasn't been a ton of Lily and Stiles but I want her relationships with other characters to grow too.

What should Lily and Stiles ship name be? Want me to put anything in the next chapters?