Chapter 13

I walk with an almost creepy pep in my step up to the Argent household. My new car, I finally bought, parked safely in the driveway. Pushing the doorbell I jump back when it's immediately answered. Mr. Argent stands there firm as ever.

"Hey Mr. Argent. Can I go see Allison?" I ask putting on an angelic face. I smirk internally as his hard face falls and he smiles genuinely. That does not look like the smile of a man who kills innocent people. I feel myself smiling back against my will. His smile is so warm. Even if he is out to kill two of my friends maybe he's not bad. Perhaps Kate is the only one who inherited the murder wIthout a care genes. Maybe he's like Alaric. Slowly I feel the wall I put up against him crack. The more I think about it, he is so much like Alaric. It's weird how much a lot of people here are like my friends at Mystic Falls.

"Sure go in up Lily." I start to walk forward before I get a little bit dizzy. "Are you okay?" Crap!

"Yes I'm fine! Thank you for asking though." I walk past him and rush up the stairs to Allison's room. Or walk like a normal person but stretching it for my health status at the moment. I slam her door open and laugh as she screams in fright.

"Hey Lily!" I hear Kate yell from another room.

"Hey Kate!" I say with a giggle. Walking into Allison's room I collapse next to her on the bed and pull her into my arms. "Scott told me what happened. Are you okay?" Her face turns downcast and her eyes start to shine with tears.

"Not really." She cries into my fake hair. I pull her closer and rub her back. She pulls on my hair and I adjust my head so the wig is firm. I can't have her knowing my little secret. She's so sad about Scott right now. I can't add me dying of cancer to it. She deserves to know and I know that. All my friends deserve to know but I just can't tell them. Not just because they have their own problems but because that will make it so much more real. I pull back and look her in the eyes.

"Well I guess I've liked you for awhile so now that Scott's out of the picture you can be mine." I say suggestively and watch as she gets that deer in headlights look.

"Uh um lily I uh.."

"I was joking silly!" I burst out laughing and feel my heart swell when she does as well.

"You had me really scared for a second there. I should've known you were joking. You're practically in love with Stiles." She says with a teasing face.

"Oh my gosh. I am not!" She gives me the look and I roll my eyes. "Look I brought over Clueless and a bunch of candy but I can leave if you want."

"Well I'll have to insist you stay if that's the case." She says with a smile, grabbing the cd and popping into the DVD player. "Do you think I made the right choice?" She asks when she joins me again on her bed. "About Scott I mean."

"I think that if you think it was than it was. Whatever happened between you you need time to fix. I know that if eventually you forgive him he'll welcome you back with open arms. And him locking the door, in sure he had a good reason. There are secrets and things all of us can't bare to tell someone Allison."

"You keeping lots of secrets from me then?" She smiles nudging me.

"That's all you got from my emotional uplifting advice?" I mock gasp. "I'm probably the most secretive person you'll ever meet." I explain with a mysterious smile. "But I'm also someone you can trust, don't worry babe." She sticks her tongue out at me and we both giggle. She leans her head on my shoulder as the movie stars.

"You're my best friend Lily."

"You're mine too." I whisper a tear falling from my eye because of the memories of my past best friends. The ones that I let die. I am not letting Allison or Lydia die.