Pour It Up (Eric Nam) Final

Eric texted me the next morning, I smiled and read the text. 'Morning Kiddo :p meet me at West Gate Park. I gotta tell you something' I loved west gate, there was always a festival or a fundraiser and it was the jack-pot for food trucks and street venders since it's so popular. I sighed and looked around my room. It was pretty chilly out but still sunny. So I showered and got dressed, Got a cab, and left.

Once I pulled up at West Gate, I payed the Uber and got out, looking for Eric. When I saw him at a smoothie truck I smiled and snuck up behind him. I pulled my hand back and launched. "YEET!" His head flew forward causing the Smoothie truck guy and me to burst out laughing. Eric just rubbed the back of his head and sighed. "You really haven't changed huh?" He handed me a strawberry lemonade. "Nope, and you remembered my favorite drink~" I mused pecking his cheek playfully. He smiled and hugged me. "But what'd you wanna talk about?" I asked sipping from the drink. He nodded and bit his lip looking off then back at me. "Let's go somewhere else." After walking for a bit we stopped at the fountain and I continued sipping my drink looking around. He sighed and looked over. "My ex is here..." he half laughed. "So?" He looked at me and smiled. "What's up though Eric?" He put his hands in his pockets. "You made me a promise."
I tilted my head pretending to be confused. "What promise..." I sipped my drink awkwardly. He chuckled.

Flashback~
I was 5 he was 7. We were on the playground and Eric handed me a small purple flower. "I'll date you when you get this much taller than me!" I said using my hand as an example. "Ok, Deal!" And we pinky promised.

Reality~
I nodded. "That promise..." he cleared his throat. "You have to keep it." I blushed a bit, but thank God for my melanin. I looked at the floor. "Um..." he leaned down so we were eye level. "You said when I was this much taller than you..." he used his hand as an example. "You'd date me." I bit my lip. "I..I know.." i finally looked up at him. "Will you keep it?" He grabbed the excess fabric of my jacket pulling me into him, our faces inches apart.  I finally realized why my relationships always failed. Right now I was in the arms of the person I loved. "Yes.." I smiled. He smiled back, now wrapping his arms around my waist, I wrapped my arms around his neck kissing him passionately. He kissed back. I pulled away and giggled a bit. "Still so cute." He laughed taking my hand. As we walked down the path more, his Ex stepped in front of us with some bleach blonde dude. "Hey Eric and um.." she acted all petty and fake. "(Y/n)" I smiled. She just nodded. "I see you've moved on..." she looked at Eric. "Yeah.." he smiled happily. "Well this is Michael." She smirked. "Nice to meet you." Eric smiled and he said the same. "Well He treats me better than you did.." she mumbled. "Well, we should go right Baby?" I said quickly tugging Eric's shirt a bit. He nodded and smirked. I sipped my drink with a fake pity look and pulled him away as she watched us. Eric turned around looking at her and shrugged with a 'Oh Well, Sorry Dude' look. I Love my best friend.