12

|||||

|||||

Ashton sat on the back of the SUV, pulling on her pads and protective gear. She threaded her fingers through her hair, pulling it back into a bun in the middle of her head. She pulled her face mask up and over her nose, the ghouly clown smile over her lips, before he placed her mask on; letting the mask sit up in the air on it's harness.

She took the backpack Deran passed her, throwing on her back before she did up the clip at the front; wrapping her hands around her paint ball gun. She stood and followed after the boys as they started down the tunnel, holding her gun tight as she moved amongst the crowd. The girl pulled her mask down over her face, anticipation coursing through her. She smirked as the air horn went off, quickly pretending to be involved.

Paint balls were shot in every direction as Ashton made her way across the grounds, ducking behind pylons and firing her gun at different men around her. She peeked up the hill where Baz and Pope were now jogging up, rounding another pole to fire a few shots before she followed after them; Deran and Craig taking another path. She made it over the hill, jogging down to where the boys stood; Pope digging through Baz's bag for the bolt cutters. 

She kept guard, watching the hill for any incoming people. But the chain fell before anyone did, Pope ushering her in. Craig shut the gate behind them, everyone jogging through the dark tunnel quickly. Ashton pulled her helmet off and her mask down around her neck, keeping a steady pace between Pope and Deran. She quickly dumped her bag when they made it to the gate that lead into the base, stripping her paintball gear off and pulling on her marine uniform and cap; tucking her bun inside. 

They all sat quiet as Paul approached the gate on the other side, before he dropped a key and kicked it under. Baz leant down and picked it up, moving to remove the lock from the gate. The Wright girl glanced over at Deran, nodding toward him with a tight smile. He merely glanced at her before looking out the gate as it swung open, just catching Paul as he walked away. She moved quickly toward the car that was left for them, climbing into the back behind Deran in the driver's seat. 

She tapped her leg with her finger as the drove across base, eyes moving over all the helicopters and buildings they passed. As the car came to a stop, she was quick to get out; moving to stand by Deran in a soldiers stance. Pope filled the bags with the fake money they had stashed away inside the seats as Craig removed the grate from the tunnel they were going through; Baz transferring the bags into the tunnel.

'Ash, come on,' Baz hissed quietly.

'I thought-' She started.

'Change of plans, come on.'

'Let Dez go-'

'Now.'

She looked up at the man beside her, who nodded, before she took the final bag from the car and tucked a gun away into her waistband. She ducked into the tunnel and followed after Craig, Pope following after her as Deran put the grid back into place. She followed after Baz as he pushed open a set of doors and lead them through the piles of crates, moving quickly and quietly. She glanced over her shoulder as he paused in front of a barred room, dropping his bag before he pulled the key out.