10

|||||

|||||

Ashton strode toward the garage, her hair flowing down her back. She was headed to work on her bike before lunch, though she had no clue what she'd be walking into. She paused just inside the doorway when she heard Nicky's voice, peaking around the corner to find her and J fighting. 

'Hey, you walk away from me?' The girl yelled as she ran up in front of her boyfriend; 'Hey, this is bullshit! You just went out to dinner with my family. Is that it?'

J looked away as she pleaded with him, rubbing his nose as he sniffled.

'Dinner? Ice cream? Things get a little too normal for you?' Nicky exclaimed.

'What's that supposed to mean?' J sneered.

'Your idea of normal was watching some random guy stick a needle in your mum before he put his dick inside her.'

The boy lurched forward, pushing the girl up against the side of the Scout; 'Don't say shit about my mum.'

It went silent for a second, the pair out of sight from Ashton's eyes. Every inch of her wanted to creep forward to see, but she stayed put; trying to listen in.

'You don't know what's going on here. You have no idea,' J hissed lowly.

'Why are you acting like this?' Nicky croaked.

'No.'

'Why?'

'Look, it's over... I want you to stay away from me, and you stay away from my family.'

Nicky pushed J backwards, the boy letting her before he turned away and headed inside the garage. He half halted when he saw her, before shoving past her. She grabbed his wrist, pulling him back; his fiery eyes meeting her worried ones. He looked back toward the house, before motioning for her to follow. She nodded, letting his wrist go before she followed after him into the house.

'You hungry, Sweetie?' Smurf asked as they walked past the table.

She spun around and nodded, before flashing a five at them before motioning her head toward where J was walking. The woman seemed to get the picture, Deran smirking toward her; which she shook her head to. Ashton walked into J's room, the boy sitting on his bed with his back propped up against the headboard. His eyes followed her as she stepped into the room, moving over a little on the bed so she could sit beside him.

'You want me to talk to her?' She asked.

'About?' He queried.

'Saying that shit about your mum. You've got good self control, I would've hit her till she couldn't breath.'

He smirked slightly, looking down at his hands. She reached over and placed one of her own in his, linking their fingers together.

'I know you're trying to protect her, and I won't tell, but, dude, he's not done with her family, no matter what you do,' She informed him.