21

|||||

|||||

Ashton sat in the scout beside Deran, waiting for a car of their liking to come into the parking garage so they could jack it. She took the joint from Deran, drawing in a breath before she passed it back to him; eyeing off the blue ute that pulled into a spot up from them.

'You stealing the car or you driving?' She asked.

'Can I trust you in this?' He replied.

'Fuck, yes.'

'Kill her, I'll kill you.'

She laughed, watching as he got out of the car with a thin strip of metal. She climbed over into the driver's seat and started the car, peering over her shoulder to check on Deran. The blue ute he hot wired reversing out of the spot it was parked in, before it stalked past her. She pulled out of the spot and followed after him, keeping her distance. The girl turned off into a carpark along the beach, parking the Scout and locking it up before she strolled up the pathway.

Her eyes raked over the different cars she passed, halting her stride when she came across a van; exactly what she was looking for. She looked up and down the path before she stepped between her cars, sliding the strip of metal down horizontal to the window and into the door; popping the lock. She yanked the door open and slipped inside, quickly moving to hot wire the vehicle. Ashton reversed out of the spot and started for the warehouse, tapping her hands to the beat of the song playing from the radio.

||||||

'Box is in place?' Baz asked.

Ashton leant back into her seat beside Deran, the rest of the boys besides Craig standing around the kitchen bench.

'I put it in there myself,' Pope answered.

'You're good on that tracking chip?'

'Yeah. I tested it twice. It'll work,' J reassured.

'Wheels?'

'Oh, I forgot I was supposed to do that. I thought we were taking the Scout,' Deran answered sarcastically, causing her to smirk.

'Come on, man.'

'Yeah, we got a truck and a van.'

'Good... Service ends at six. Bible study ends at eight. That means we're gonna be in those vents for at least two hours. You sure it doesn't go longer than that?'

'No, they boot us out,' Pope reminded him.

'Your alibi for the rest of the night, it's solid?'

'Dinner with the Bible study people.'

'Once that parking guy is out of the shack, we go. From that point on, we'll have an hour before the janitor gets downstairs. We'll be long gone by then. This crane thing gonna work?'