2

||||||

||||||

Music blared through the speakers, girls in skimpy bikinis wandered around the pool with guys watching their every move. Parties were not an unusual thing at the Cody household, Smurf didn't care either; she joined them. Ashton stood on the roof closest to the pool with J, Deran and Baz, her fingers raking through Deran's hair as he sat in a chair before her.

'Okay,' Baz nodded as he swung his arms around.

'You're getting farther from the edge, man. Think you can do it?' Deran asked as his adopted brother strode away from the edge.

'Lot of concrete between you and the pool,' She reminded him.

'You just worry about yourself, man. Watch and learn,' Baz stated.

He launched himself off the side of the roof and into the pool, everyone cheering as he went. The girl removed her fingers from Deran's hair to clap for the man, earning a groan as he tilted head back to look at her. She shook her head as she smiled down at him, threading her fingers though his hair once more. His eyes fell shut, only causing her to laugh as she watched Craig climb up onto the roof.

'Oh, come on, you never do that for me,' He whined.

'You never give me a hit of that,' She motioned to the joint between his fingers.

'Do so.'

'Lies.'

'Fine, here.'

She grinned, plucking the joint from his fingers before placing it between her lips. She drew in a long breath, letting the smoke pass through her lips as she passed the joint to Deran as he stood.

'Let me show you how it's done real quick,' He stated through closed lips.

She shook her head, playing with the necklace they had a replica of; though Baz didn't wear his. Ashton watched as Deran backed well away from the edge of the roof, the joint still between his lips as he ran forward; letting out a cheer as he launched himself off the roof. He hit the water with ease, everyone cheering as he spun around and waved her down.

'Yeh, why not?' She shrugged; 'But J's next.'

She patted the boy on the back as she passed him, taking her run up before she flew off the roof. The water enveloped her not five seconds later, the coolness taking the bite of the heat from her skin. As she resurfaced, everyone was cheering for J as he stood on the roof looking down. She pointed at him as she chanted with them, leaning back against the side of the pool as Deran got out on the other side. He shouted the boy's nickname as he sprayed wash detergent onto the barbecue, sending the flames higher and higher as they licked the air.

'You don't have to do it, man. Forget it,' Baz called over all the voices.

'Bullshit, the hell he doesn't!' Craig yelled as he backed away from the edge.