Chapter 9: Going for a walk

A.N: sorry for the late update, I haven't been feeling well, school starts next week so idk if ill be able to update much :/ but we'll see what happens :) hope you enjoy this chapter <3

Yasmin's P.O.V

We stood there quietly as I was speechless and she crosses her arms.

Yasmin: "I don't know what you're talking about."

Em:"you know exactly what I'm talking about. Don't worry I can see him too meaning I heard what he said about Zoë."

Gerard: "How can people see me? When I first started out like this, I tried everything to get people's attention and  I received nothing. After all of this time, why now?"

Em: "It's a lot to explain but I'll tell you. I was born with a gift so I can see everyone who's dead but you can't. The reason you can see him is...because you guys were meant to be with each other."

Gerard:"So you're saying that there's a future ahead of us. For the both of us? That doesn't make sense, earlier there was two other people who saw me, they were just looking at me."

Em: "Sort of... the people who were able to see you probably have the same gift as me, they just don't know it. Right now you guys can't...feel each other I guess meaning you can't hug or make out so it would be a tough relationship. The only way you guys can have a normal happy relationship is either if Yasmin dies or for you to come back to life."

Gerard: "How do we do that?"

Em: "I honestly don't know. But I've seen it happen before."

She gives us a pity look and sighs while she heads back inside leaving just me and Gerard alone outside in the cold air. None of this makes sense. If Gerard and I were meant to be together then why can I see Ismael, the little boy. I was having a hard time to take everything in of what she said but I just couldn't believe it. I put my hands on the small fence as Gerard walks up next to me and puts his hand on top of mine but I didn't feel anything except a freezing cold air.

Yasmin: "She's right...I feel nothing..."

I said as I continued to look down. Okay so I am pretty bummed out because I think I am starting to fall for Gerard, I just have a hard time showing it I guess. It's probably too early to have feelings for him but what can I say, he's amazing.

Gerard: "Are you okay?"

I clear away a tear from my left eye with my thumb and sniff while looking off into distance. It's always worse when someone asks you those three words. 

Yasmin: "I'm fine, I'm gonna go for a walk."

I said as I went back inside to go out the front door.

Miriam: "Hey Yas! - "

I ignored her and walked faster to the door as I tried to not let them see me cry. I walk out the door as I hear thunder, I decided to ignore it and continued walking. I start sobbing as I try clearing my watery cheeks with my sweater but every time I cleaned myself, more tears would fall. I pass by a house as I hear arguments going on with a baby crying. It was a lady with short shorts, a big iron maiden t-shirt with sandals as a man yelled at her.

man: "You can't just take our kid to a party and start drinking while he's in the stroller crying!!"

woman: "God dammit he's your kid too! Can't I just have a little fun?!"

I walked slowly to hear their conversion but I didn't want to be a stalker I continued walking until they spoke to me making me stop walking.

woman: "Hey are you okay?"

Why does everyone keep asking me that?! Oh that's right, I'm crying my eyes out...

man: "Do you want us to call for help?"

Yasmin:"No I'm fine, my house is pretty close from here."

I lied, I'm blocks away but I needed to be alone and just think.

man: "Alright, you want a beer on the way?"

Yasmin:"Sorry I don't drink but thank you anyways."

I said, he nods while the girl just looks at me weird. I continue walking as I hear them continue with their argument.

A few minutes have passed and I was already in front of Starbucks. Gosh I really need this right now. I walk in and order my drink as I wait for my name to be called. I wait for about 2-3 minutes and I hear my name get called. I take my drink from the counter and take a seat by the window.

*~*~2 hours later*~*~

Starbucks eventually had to close so I had no choice but to leave. I continue walking down the street as I started to think about Gerard. Tears started flowing down my cheeks as my vision was blurry from the tears. I continue walking but didn't realize that I was crossing the street. I hear a car's horn beep, I look to my right as I see a car's headlights coming towards me. Everything went dark.