Chapter 15: The Power of a White Board

Yasmin's P.O.V

Everyone seemed to be enjoying the party as they danced and talked to others while holding a cup of fruit punch pretending like if it was alcohol. I was alone sitting on the couch as Gerard was with me. We were quiet the whole time pretty much. After about 5 minutes later, I decide to just get up and head upstairs to my room as Gerard follows.  I walk inside and turn on my pink lamp as my room turned into a dark shade of red. I closed the door behind me while feeling a cold breeze realizing who it was.

Gerard:"It looks so dark in here"

Yasmin:"I know right, I wonder why."

I said as I walked more towards my room when all of a sudden I feel a hand around my mouth and another body against mine. I struggled for freedom but it was impossible. Gerard grabbed the guy and tried pushing him away but instead the guy pushed Gerard back making him fall. How was that even possible?Did he know Gerard was there? I tried screaming for help but it wasn't loud enough.

Johnny: "You really think they're gonna hear you?"

I heard him say against my ear. Of course it had to be him.

Johnny:"I know about your little secret romance. You think I wouldn't find out any time soon? Well guess what. I'm gonna kill him for good now. You won't ever get to see him because if I can't have you. No one can."

He started choking me as his grip got tighter and tighter making me lose my breath quicker.

Zoë's P.O.V

Everyone was all dancing around until I started wondering why Hailey and Sarah never arrived. I took a sip from my punch and started serving myself more until the door bell rang. I took another sip from my cup and headed towards the door revealing our front neighbor Mable.

Zoë:" Oh hey Mable, what brings you here?"

Mable: "Just checking if everything's alright."

Zoë:"Yea everything's fine, why?"

Mable:"There hasn't been anything lost or anyone hurt?"

she said, I laughed thinking it was a joke but she looked serious meaning this wasn't a joke.

Zoë:"N-no...Mable what's wrong?"

Maible: "I saw someone break in a few hours ago. He went through the back window."

What? I was a little shocked as I called out for Miriam. She arrived with her cup of fruit punch as she looked at both of us confused for having a shocked face.

Miriam:"What's going on?"

Zoë:"Someone broke in to the house."

Mable:"I was outside my porch getting fresh air when I see a really handsome guy go to the side of your house and break in thru your window. If I'm correct, you girls moved in with a guy as well. It looked a lot like him but if he lives with you, I don't see why he had to break in through a window. "

Miriam:"What window could it lead it too?"

....

Zoë:"Yasmin."

I panicked. Yasmin was the only one missing down here at the party. Miriam's eyes grew as we both dropped our cups of fruit punch and rushed up stairs hoping she was fine. We entered her room and find her gone with the window wide open and so was her closet doors.

Gerard's P.O.V

After Johnny and Yasmin left, I stayed and sent Ismael to follow them. I have to find a way to let her friends know. I started pacing around the room as her friends walked in and started panicking and almost crying. Okay Gerard, think. Wait..if i can touch someone and hit them then maybe I can hold something and write a message! I looked around the room and find a White board as I picked it up and started writing with an expo marker left on the ground.

Zoë's P.O.V

I was on the ground silently panicking as Miriam put her hand on my shoulder. I looked up at her as she looked straight ahead, scared and shocked. I looked at what was in front of us as I see a white board in the air as a marker was writing a message. I stood up as I started feeling scared since I knew there was something paranormal going on in here. The marker stopped writing as the paranormal figure handed us the white board. Me and Miriam looked at each other confused as we read the message on the white board.

hi, I know this might look crazy..but I'm best friends with Yasmin...in fact..I love her and I know she feels the same...I'm not a creep or a paranormal figure I guess...okay well maybe I am, i'ma ghost. I'm Gerard way and I'd like to let you know that Yasmin has been kidnapped. She was taken by her insane crazy ex, Johnny. I sent a friend to go follow them...help me rescue her?

We finished reading the message and looked at each other surprised of what's happening. I found this really hard to believe until I remembered that day at the park with Yasmin.

~·~·~flashback~·~·~

Zoe's P.O.V.

After Yasmin left, I felt bad and decided to go after her. I started heading to the nearest park until I see her sitting on the swing seat talking to the other swing seat.

Zoë:"Yas?" I yelled out while holding an umbrella. My body was trembling from the coldness.

Yasmin:"yea?"

Zoë:"what are you doing?"

Yasmin:"I'm talking with him, what does it look like I'm doing?."

Zoë:"Him?" what is she talking about? There's no one there.

Yasmin: "He's sitting right here on the other swing."

Nothing. I saw no one, just the empty swing seat. 

Zoë: "Well the rain is falling harder and it's cold as fuck...we were all worried at how upset you were before leaving...you should come back home and we'll work things out."

Yasmin:"No. I need to stay here for a bit. I need to be Alone."

Zoë: "are you sure?"

She nods and stares the swing seat next to her, I'm really worried...she looks so upset I just want to help her. But she needed space so I let her be. I give a slight disappointed smile and turn around to walk away. 

~·~·~ end of flashback~·~·~

I gasped as I put my hand over my mouth as I realized this was all real. It wasn't a dream or a fantasy. This was real life.

Zoë:" Miriam tell everyone to go home."

she nodded and walked out as I stood alone with this Gerard ghost.

Zoë:"We'll help you."

I said as he took the white board from me and started scribbling a message.

Thank you. Let's go.