Chapter 1: Pilot

~*~*~*~*Yasmin's P.O.V~*~*~*~*~*

I sat in the car as I listened to green day on my iPhone, me and my best friends are moving to New Jersey including my boyfriend Johnny who was driving. My friend Zoë was reading an article about her favorite band, my other friend Miriam was sleeping while listening to "Mirrors" by Justin Timberlake.

The clouds were dark as they slowly moved from heavy cold wind. A few minutes later, it started  to rain. I always liked the rain, it's very calming and interesting to watch while the drops run down the car window.

A little bit about me? I'm just a typical teenage girl who likes punk music who is moving to New Jersey from New York, I'm 20 years old, my father passed away when I was 8 years old, my mother spent the next couple of years feeling so depressed. Three years from his death, she grabbed a gun and pointed it to her head right in front of me. I was put in a child's daycare waiting to be adopted, one day I was going crazy in that place so I escaped. I slept outside With other homeless people until Zoë found me and begged her mom to let me stay with them. I never went to an actual school, I was home schooled, the reason I met Miriam was because her and Zoë were best friends. I met Johnny in a coffee shop and now here we are, all moving to New Jersey, starting a new life.

Zoë: "Hello?! Earth to Yasmin!"

She says snapping me out of my thoughts as she waves her hand in front of me.

Yasmin: "Sorry, what did you say?"

Zoë: "Can I use your phone charger?"

Johnny: "No need for that, we're here."

He says as we pull up to an old Victorian white house with a royal blue door. It looked so fancy, the dark tinted windows and a huge oak tree that was towering over the roof.

Yasmin: "Wow."

Zoë: "Can someone help me wake up Miriam?"

Johnny smirked and threw my sweater at Miriam making her wake up.

Zoë:"We're here Miriam!"

We get out of the car and go inside the wooden doors. It looked so spacious, The floor was made of dark wood and the white walls almost smelled new, I guess the previous owners repainted before selling the house. 

Johnny: "Do you like it?"

Yasmin: "I love it!"

Johnny smiled as he snakes his arms around my waist and kisses my lips until I heard Zoë pass by.

Zoë: "Get a room! Oh just not this one cuz I call dibs."

We pull apart laughing and heard the rain begin to fall.

Miriam: "Who's hungry for pizza?"

We all clap while she gets her phone and starts to order.

*~*~*~*~*~*~ Hours Later *~*~*~*~*~*~*

Miriam: "I..am..so...darn full."

Zoë: "Tell me about it."

Yasmin: "How many slices did you guys have?"

Miriam and zoë: "5.."

Johnny:"We ordered 2 pizzas. Both of you had 5. Me and Yas had 3 slices."

Yasmin: "Well that explains why the food is gone."

We started laughing and talking through out the night and pretty soon, it was time to sleep. Miriam and Zoë had their own room. I had my own room too but Johnny insisted that I sleep with him. I changed into my old misfits t-shirt and some grey short shorts and pass by the window to get my hair brush but something caught my attention. I look out the window and see a little boy standing in our front yard.

Yasmin: "Johnny?"

Johnny: "Yea babe!"

He says from afar and comes out of the bathroom. He stands next to me by the window while slightly moving the curtain to look outside.

Johnny: "What?"

Yasmin: "Don't you see him? He's standing right next to the tree."

Johnny: "I don't see any thing. You're tired from the trip, it's been a long day for all of us, just get some rest."

He says as he places his hand on my shoulder but I turn around and made my way to our yard. I head out as fast as I could and see the little boy looking at me. I take closer steps as he steps back.

Yasmin: "Don't worry, it's okay, I'm not gonna hurt you."

I take closer steps towards him but he turns around and runs behind the tree, I made my way behind as well but the boy was gone. I sighed and leaned on the tree as I rubbed my eyes and yawned. I looked up and saw the same boy sitting in the middle of the street behind our fence. I see a car's headlights coming but the kid wouldn't move.

Yasmin: "Look out!"

I yell and shut my eyes to avoid watching the boy getting hit, there was no way of saving him, it was too late. I waited to hear the accident but the car passed by without a single hit. The car left and so did the little boy.

 The car left and so did the little boy