Chapter 3: I'm Really Sorry

Yasmin: "Well Gerard um, nice meeting you, I'd love to stay and chat more but I should be going."

I said as I stood up from the swing.

Gerard: "Don't worry, we'll see each other again sugar, oh and one more thing before you leave, don't tell no one about seeing the dead. They'll just think you're crazy and put you in-"

Yasmin: "I know, I know, I won't tell, it's not like they'll believe me anyways...where do you stay?"

Gerard: "No where, I just wander alone well...sometimes...I usually have Ismael by my side but we don't say much."

Yasmin:"If you want you can -"

I stopped talking as I saw a lady and her daughter looking at me if I were crazy for talking to a swing.

Yasmin:"um...I love swings! Y-yea uhh they're like my best friend so I talk to them...ha"

I said to the lady, she kept looking at me and then grabbed her daughter's hand as they quickly walked away from me. I sighed as I heard Gerard laughing.

Yasmin: "Like I was saying, if you want you could stay at my house."

Gerard: "Oh no it's fine, I don't wanna be a burden."

Yasmin:"oh come on! It should be fun."

Gerard:*sighs* "alright fine."

he says, I rushed to hug him but instead, I went through him so now I'm dangling from the swing. I stood up and sighed as he giggled.

Gerard: "Sorry sweet heart, I know I'm hot but you can't touch this."

he says while flipping his hair to the side. It honestly looked hot.

Yasmin: "haha very funny."

I said sarcastically, I started walking to my house as Gerard followed from behind.

Yasmin: "So what about your old life? Any friends, family?"

Gerard: "Well, I had a band called, 'My Chemical Romance', we weren't big but we were good. it was me, my brother Mikey and our friends Frank, Ray, and Bob. Then I had my parents Donna and Donald."

Yasmin: "What's it like?...Being dead."

Gerard: "It's scary at first...trying to talk to your family and they see or hear nothing while you watch them cry and set up a funeral."

He looked down as we began to walk. I probably shouldn't have asked but it's not everyday you talk to a ghost. 

Yasmin: "Gerard I'm really sorry about everything, I didn't mean to bring things up."

Gerard:"It's fine, don't worry about it. Besides, it feels nice to actually talk to someone who's not dead."

Yasmin:~ smiles~ "yea I bet it is nice."

We finally arrive to my house and walk in as I see Miriam writing in her journal in the kitchen.

Yasmin: "I'm home!" She closes her journal and looks up

Miriam: "Which park were you in?"

Yasmin: "Does it matter?"

Miriam: "Sort of, Johnny went looking for you."

Johnny...I can't believe I forgot about Johnny. What would he say if he knew I brought a guy ghost in our new home.

Yasmin:"oh...well I went to the one up north"

she nods and opens up her journal to continue writing. I went upstairs as Gerard followed me from behind.

Yasmin: "Ok well... make yourself at home."

Gerard: "Cool room."

he says as he looks up at my band posters on my wall while I still have unpacked boxes on the floor.

Yasmin: "Thanks. I still need to unpack but I say it's starting to look good."

Gerard: "I agree."

he says and takes a seat on my bed.

Gerard: "So tell me more about you."

Yasmin: "Me? Well there's nothing much really. What do you wanna know?"

Gerard:"How do you like New Jersey? Are you a fan of the rain?"

Yasmin: "Well I haven't explored much but I'm liking the weather, I actually love rain, especially the smell of it."

I said as I start picking out fresh new clothes. Once I grabbed them, I looked at him to give him a hint to look the other way. 

Gerard:"So it's just you four?" he says while facing the other way

Yasmin: "yup."

Gerard: "What about your parents?"

I finished putting on my clothes and sadness overwhelmed me. The thought of my own mother ending her life right in front of me couldn't go away.

 The thought of my own mother ending her life right in front of me couldn't go away

Yasmin: "I'm done changing." 

I said with coldness as he turns around again to see me.

Yasmin: "My dad died when I was eight. He had lung cancer...then my mother she um...She got so depressed about his death that she put a gun against her head and shot herself right in front of me."

I looked down and started to bite my bottom lip to not cry and thankfully it worked. 

Gerard:"I'm really sorry."

Yasmin:"it's fine besides....I'm Over it."

I said, I could tell that he didn't buy my excuse but he went along with it as he gave me a light smile.