17: Aftershocks

Bakugo found it particularly cruel that in almost every occasion, he recovered so quickly and had to watch everybody painfully heal as a result.

Needless to say, the discovery of the anti-hero clan was something of a phenomenon.
It took the infamy of Stain and bore more frightful headlines: "Anti-Heroes: Are they among us?"
People from different parts of the world wanted to meet up with the family of Momo. Her father, being the business man that he truly is, used this to his advantage. He utilized the media coverage to shed light into his daughter, her achievements, and ultimately, the business.

The media sensationalized what actually happened. And sooner rather than later, UA was bombarded with a lot of interviews, people from the west even offered to make a documentary on their popular streaming channel Jetflix.

Despite all this unwarranted fame, the only thing Bakugo was relieved about was that everybody was alright. Momo was the last to fully recover, still recuperating in a hospital. She had a multitude of visitors from her family, friends and even a considerable amount of suitors, but at the end of the day it was him, Kendo and Jirou doing most of the hours staying by her side.

For Todoroki, his father spared no expense in getting his son the treatment he deserved to get better. He woke up half-dazed, to see Yui Kodai, Iida, Midoriya, Ochako and a few other friends and family by his side.

His sister hugged him tightly when he woke up just days after the ordeal, almost threatening to open his stitches. Momo left a big scar on his chest, he had almost died had it not been for Recovery Girl's quirk.

He placed his hand firmly on his chest and recounted what had happened after he was stabbed. He looked at everyone in room.

"Where is Yaoyorozu?" Was the first thing he asked.

_______________________

Bakugo had grown rather morose for the past few days, and he didn't understand why.

He found himself buried in a lot of training, not talking to anyone, constantly pushing himself beyond his limits and eventually
buckling down at the end of the day with exhaustion. 'You fucking weakling...' he said to himself angrily.

"Are you OK, Kacchan?" Said the voice of an old friend.

Bakugo huffed, "Leave me alone you fucking nerd!" recognizing that green mane anywhere.

Midoriya did not falter. "Did something happen during the fight with Malachite?"

Bakugo stayed silent.

But Midoriya pressed on, "All of you are really mum about it." He said "If somethings bothering you tell us!"

"I can't protect her, Dekku." Bakugo finally said.

Midoriya wasn't expecting such a straightforward answer, "Tell her your issues then..."

Bakugo looked to Midoriya as if he had mentioned something stupid, "But out Dekku! Besides, it ain't me you should be talkin' to."

Midoriya looked confused.

"That fucking Icy-Hot took for himself a shitty rebound with blue eyes." He said quite frustrated referring to Yui Kodai of Class 1-B.

Bakugo watched Midoriya's face turn red.

Why Bakugo was concerned about what Yaoyorozu's reaction would be if she found out, puzzled him.

The rumors of Yui and Todoroki initially was like a joke to him, but after seeing that girl by his side, eliciting smiles from the Icy-Hot bastard, he couldn't help but feel disgusted.