Chapter 1

After the events of Koopa's betrayal had occurred, everyone had quickly split up for fear of another traitor. However, another meeting had been called- to discuss what to do now that Peach was dead. Of course, before any actual discussion could occur, there was a... slight issue that needed to be addressed first.

Everyone was gathered in the room, consisting of Daisy, Bowser, Boo, Toadette, Toad, Yoshi, Birdo, Dixie, Diddy, Donkey Kong, Pauline, Luigi, and Mario. There was only one person who hadn't entered yet.

Rosalina was not a confrontational person by any means, but her fists clenched as she thought of what had happened when the Mafia had infiltrated their ranks. She had died, but she would have survived. She would have lived, if it wasn't for...

"Daisy!"

Rosalina floated over angrily to the orange haired female, who stared in disbelief. Everyone around them watched curiously, and while Rosalina didn't want to make a scene, it was too late.

"Oh shit," Daisy muttered under her breath. She had managed to avoid the encounter by running as soon as everyone had been healed, but it was now inevitable. "Um-"

"Rosalina? What's wrong?" The Mario brothers questioned in unison, and Rosalina glowered.

"I was killed when the mafia infiltrated the castle," Rosalina said calmly, her blue eyes calm but hiding the fury she felt. "But it wasn't by the mafia. It was by Daisy."

"Ha-ha. Rosalina, I never took you as the comedic type!" Boo cackled, but stopped after seeing the solemn look on Rosalina's face, as well as the frightened sight of a mouse caught with no way of escape in Daisy. "Shit... Guess you aren't funny after all."

"D-Daisy?" Luigi took a step towards the two, and Daisy looked at him and took a deep breath.

"I'm not sorry," Daisy said finally. "Everyone around here has forgotten about me because of her. Rosalina doesn't deserve any of it, but I do. Why? You guys have known me longer! I deserve it! I'd... I'd do it again if I could!"

Everyone's jaw dropped, and Luigi took a ste away from the orange haired female. After a long moment, he walked over to the platinum blonde and put a hand on her shoulder.

It was like a slap in the face for Daisy.

Here she was, she had admitted why she had killed Rosalina, and no one had agreed with her?

"You're sick," Pauline pretended to retch, and Daisy was surprised that the girl she had found a friend in had betrayed her so easily. "You killed her because of jealousy!? Pathetic!"

"What, and you want to pretend you wouldn't do the same!?"

"Hah! Maybe in another world," Pauline sneered. "I'm not that shallow, unlike you. I'm not a psychopath."

Daisy felt incredibly alone as everyone glared her down, not a single person on her side. She sighed as she wondered what it would've been like if Peach was there...

She missed her best friend so much. In her absence, Daisy felt like she had become so unstable. Perhaps killing Rosalina had been wrong, Daisy thought. She wanted to believe that- she really did. Yet, there was still a part of her that was unrelenting in her desire to end Rosalina's life. Pauline had been right. Daisy was petty, jealous, and selfish but Daisy wasn't willing to get rid of those traits anytime soon. After all, they made Daisy, Daisy.

Although, no one ever had depicted Daisy as a snobbish murderer.

Suddenly, the orange haired princess found herself in cuffs as toads surrounded her.

"U-unhand me! I am a princess-" Daisy started to say, but the police shook their head.

"Perhaps you were, but now you're a criminal. Princess Daisy, I hold you under arrest for the crime of murder."

<><><>

While the mafia was famed for killing and it's harsh lifestyle, there was definitely more than one positive to it.

One, the family was extremely supportive.

Two, the family was extremely loyal.

This was no exception for the three current Mafia. As they attempted to bow to their new leader once again, the redheaded godfather dubbed Kaira shook her head.

"Rise," Kaira crossed her arms as she stood from her throne, Saiko watching from the sidelines to make sure everything went according to plan. "There is no need to kneel before me. I would just like to confirm that this is what you wish to do."

"We will not regret it. Please, fulfill this need," One mafia member confirms as they all stood. "They all must see the reality..."

"Very well," Kaira eyed Saiko, who was scowling. Saiko was skeptical of any new mafia members, never really revealing her true personality to anyone new. That being said, Saiko nodded once she caught Kaira staring. "Approved. I believe you three will be able to do it, correct?"

"Of course," One of the three spoke. "Koopa has succeeded in the murder of Princess Peach. We will not fail with tying up the loose ends."

"Good," Kaira responded, her pupils disappearing for a slight moment before turning. "Then, this meeting is dismissed."

hey everyone! i hope you all enjoyed the first chapter!

what do you all think of Daisy's arrest? what do you all think of daisy in this book in general?

thanks for reading!