Chapter 5

"From this day forward, the Mushroom Kingdom, the Koopa Kingdom, and the Kong Jungle will be united in an alliance!" Mario lifted his glass at the dinner table of the late Peach's castle. Everyone else cheered, the table consisting of the leaders and everyone else. "Trade will open up between the three kingdoms and when Sarasaland's situation has been figured out, this will hopefully become a four way trade way! In honor of the late Princess Peach... We create this alliance!"

"For Princess Peach!" Bowser rumbled sadly, then promptly drank from his glass as well, joined by everyone else. With the exception of Daisy, the group was doing considerably well. "After tonight, a never before known alliance will be formed."

"I'm so glad we can all get along now!" Dixie chirped happily, setting down her glass. She brushed her blonde hair to the side, smiling. "No more fighting, and we can all be friends...this is the dream!"

"I agree," Toadette grinned, her brown eyes shining in the darkness of the room. "This is all very exciting."

"With no more worries, maybe everything could be alright now!" Yoshi said optimistically. "This is working out very well!"

"With all this said," Mario tapped the table in order to grab everyone's attention once again. "We must remember that the dangerous mafia are still out there. We are working on trying to find the godfather deemed Kaira, but with no luck."

"How stupid!" Pauline shook her head in disdain. "She's just a girl, how has no one found her yet?"

"None of us know what she even looks like, and she's highly dangerous if she arranged such a scenario that killed all of us," Luigi reminded them all. "She is being regarded as a dangerous criminal."

"Well, perhaps you should get rid of the incompetent people in charge of finding them," Pauline shook her head in disappointment. "Just how many redheads live in the Mushroom Kingdom?"

"We don't think her base is in the Mushroom Kingdom," Mario confessed. "Luigi and I personally searched everyone's house and investigated many people. No one has even heard of anyone with red hair, much less of anyone named Kaira. I was planning on ordering the troops of the Mushroom Kingdom to search the other areas."

"No need," Bowser told him. "I'll tell my minions to begin searching the Koopa Kingdom."

"Same here," Donkey Kong nodded. "We should find her quick."

"She'll be behind bars again, and we'll all be safe again?" Birdo questioned, her eyes wide. "Thank goodness. I haven't slept lately because of fear that she'll come..."

"Well, until she is caught, everyone should remain on high alert," Mario warned everyone, taking a sip from his glass. "This effort would be in vain if she shows up. Today, though, we can all relax. There are many guards all around. This palace is as safe as they come."

"Good, so we should all indulge to the best of our ability," Toad nodded, looking around. "If we have at least one day without constant fear..."

"Yes, Toad," Toadette smiled at him, grabbing his arm for comfort. "One day is better than nothing."

For a couple of hours, everything was wonderful. Everyone laughed, talked, and just had fun.

It was as they began discussing the situation of Daisy once again that the lights blacked out.

"Please tell me that's just a mistake," Someone's terrified voice rang out as they heard shuffling in the darkness. "What's going on?"

Eventually, someone made it to the door, only for it to be locked. Soon, hysterical screaming began taking place, turning the room into a madhouse as they panicked in fear of death once again. About five minutes later, the lights turned on.

"We're all here.." Bowser observed, his eyes glancing over the crew. "Nothing happened?"

"What happened? Was it really just a blackout?" Donkey Kong questioned.

"I've missed you all so, so much," A malevolent voice sounded over the intercom in the castle, and Dixie shrieked loudly in fear. "Sorry to break it to you, but my minions have already killed your servants, locked your doors. Once again, you find yourself stuck in this castle with my infiltrators. What will you do?"

"Kaira," Pauline narrowed her eyes as she recognized the voice. "Leave us alone, you shit!"

"I have three mafia within your ranks," She continued, ignoring Pauline. "But you will take some extra roles in order to mimic your game you love to play, and to provide a challenge for us. The cop, the nurse, the veteran, and the bodyguard. Visit the veteran as anything, and die. The bodyguard protects their target."

"This is stupid!" Dixie cried out. "This can't be happening again..."

"Not again," Birdo's eyes widened as she clung onto Yoshi. "Please don't..."

"This time, we will procure the extermination of the Mushroom Kingdom, the Koopa Kingdom, and the Kong Jungle. Let the cleansing... commence."

hey everyone! sorry this update took a little bit longer than i thought it would.

question of the chapter: how do you feel about the new roles?

thanks for reading!