Luigi

"Well, it's gotta be Bowser!"

Luigi accusingly glanced at the Koopa King, who shook his large head in disbelief and disappointment.

"Okay, Luigi, that's just pathetic," Bowser rolled his eyes. "Don't lie. You just won't admit the truth, and you want a scapegoat so that you don't have to face the obvious!"

"The truth? What-"

"It's you!" Bowser taunted, crossing his arms. Toad gasped upon hearing the accusation.

"But...No way!" Toad shook his head. "I swear that it's Bowser! This just proves it even more!"

"I would never kill!" Luigi shot back, an appalled look on his face.

Rosalina paled considerably at the accusation of Luigi being a possible mafia. She had never considered the idea of him murdering anyone.

"Not even to get revenge on those who have wronged you?" Bowser said knowingly. He was quite familiar with wanting to hurt anyone who had disobeyed him. "Peach, Mario, Boo..."

"Peach and Mario never wronged me.."

"Mario never gave you the recognition you deserved. You were always a sidekick," Bowser reminded her. "Not significant enough to come help Peach."

"...Why do you know that?" Toad questioned, making Bowser redden. "Weren't you the enemy-"

"I-It's not important!" Bowser snarled, not liking being interrupted. "Boo is just rude to everyone, and Peach only wanted Mario's help. You wanted to take us all out for forgetting about you! Your timidity was just a front!"

"No...That can't...be true..." Rosalina muttered again and again, a shadow dawning on her face. She was scared to look at Luigi. "He...would never..."

"That's a crazy idea," Toad crossed his arms. "Luigi wouldn't ever do that. He never hated any of them!"

"...Peach and Mario were rather rude to me at times," Luigi frowned. "...You're not wrong...But I would never kill them over it."

"Oh yeah? Jealousy tends to lead to abrupt action!"

"No...Please..." Rosalina bit her lip. "He's wrong... I wouldn't do that..."

"We have no other leads," Bowser reminded him. "Why don't you just follow me? I promise, you won't regret it. It's got to be him!"

"...Rosie..." Luigi sighed heavily. "...Okay. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry..."

"L-Luigi..." Rosalina was absolutely devastated as he trailed off. "Are you...are you admitting to it...?"

"I-I'm so sorry, Rosalina," Toad met her gaze gently, a look of despair on his face. "Luigi, this is a joke, right?"

"I'm not...the mafia."

"We all need to pick him in order to confirm it," Bower reminded them of how the game operated. No one could meet his eyes. "So? We agree, right?"

"I don't know..."

"I can't," Rosalina walked up to Luigi desperately, clinging onto his arm. "Luigi, please.."

"Rosalina, look! He's coming after you next!" Bowser yelled, and yanked her away from Luigi. While Rosalina was first furious, her eyes widened as Luigi lunged towards her.

"Okay, I think it's Luigi," Toad's eyes widened. Reluctantly, Rosalina nodded, scared.

"...I'm so, so sorry, Rosie," Luigi felt the back of his throat dry, and he could barely force any words out. He didn't want to make a decision, but he was frankly just unsure of everything now. "...I'm sorry."

"Please, don't do this," Rosalina whimpered. "Please don't hurt me. Please...Luigi...we can talk about this.."

"There's nothing to talk about! I can't admit to something I didn't do!"

The lights immediately blacked out, and everyone instantly screamed for their lives. Terror overtook all of them. They couldn't see anything in the ominous shadows, but they could most certainly hear the screams of everyone else surrounded.

"No...I didn't want this to happen," The mafia muttered as the lights turned back on, and three bodies lay dead beside them. The voice screeched over the intercom. "Why did you kill them!? Why? I wanted these last people to survive!"

"You knew it going in. You wanted them all to die, didn't you? Mission accomplished. Congratulations."

"Not everyone!" The mafia protested, glancing at the dead bodies. "Kaira...Please, go back. I don't want this!"

"Do you think I can just...rewind time or something!?" The voice sneered, disdain prominent in their tone. "No. Even if I could, I'm out raiding another Kingdom. Clean up the mess, won't you?"

"Wait, Kaira!" The mafia cursed as the intercom disappeared, leaving them with the bodies of everyone strewn around. The mafioso walked over to Luigi's body, arranging his fallen corpse in a more dignified position. With a resigned look, the mafioso stood and walked out.

"Goodbye, my friends."

uh oh! better go look for the murderer in another part...