Chapter 16: Date

Mothra and I are out on a romantic date. She still wears her kimono, and I have to wear a specially designed tuxedo. It's was made from a synthetic material that formed around my body, allowing my spines to fit. Mothra and I stop by a liminal serving restaurant and go inside. We were seated and we pick up our menus.

"Ooh, this salad sounds nice! What about you Goji?"

"Meh. I think I'll take this."

I show Mothra the option I chose, a beef soup with noodles. She sticks her tongue out.

"Yech! I don't understand how you like meat! And radiation."

"Yeah, and I don't understand how you survive on plants."

"Shut up!"

She bops me on the head with her menu, giggling. I chuckle and our waiter comes, a lamia with sandy scales. An echidna. She stares at us, before speaking.

"Can I take your orders?"

We order our food and she slithers off. I look over Mothra's shoulder to see a lot of liminal couples staring at us. I ignore them and take a sip of water. Suddenly, something tugs the sleeve of my blazer. I look down to see a small arachne looking up at me.

 I look down to see a small arachne looking up at me

"Hey kiddo. What's your name?"

"M-m-m-my n-n-n-names Lili."

"Nice to meet you Lili. My names Godzilla, or Gojira in Japanese."

"Like the one from the news? The one who's King of the Monsters? The one who fought the golden dragon liminal?"

"Yep that's me! This is my girlfriend Mothra."

"Hello."

"Your the goddess! The moth one!"

"Indeed. I am Mothra the Divine Moth, Guardian of Mana."

"Cool!"

And so we spend the night chatting with the little liminal, before she leaves and we finish our meal. We leave the restaurant, and we walk back to the mansion, stopping in front as we watch the full moon.

"Hey Goji."

"Hhm?"

"Can you face me for a second."

"Sure but wh-"

My unfinished question is soon answered when she presses her lips against mine. We stay like that for a long time, before pulls back for air.

"I love you Goji."

"I love you too, Mosu." (Short for Mosura.)