Part 12

"Well, it certainly is a sunny day," the short pink haired girl noted as she continued her walk to her girlfriend's house, overnight bag slung over her shoulder. "Circle the Drain" blasted into her ears from the headphones she was wearing (her trademark look, after all). Another thing the pink head noticed was the little spring and skip she had in her steps as she walked. She chuckled at that. 

'Guess I'm excited, huh?' she thought to herself. Of course, she knew "excited" was an understatement. A whole damn week that would be spent with Harumin and ONLY Harumin? Matsuri didn't consider herself a religious person by any means, but if there was a day where she'd consider believing in God, today was most certainly that day.

Matsuri rounded the corner and started her final home stretch. She could already see Harumi's house coming into sight. Only four houses away. Now three. Only two... When the hell had she started walking faster? Wait, no, she's not even walking at this point. That's sprinting. She's fucking sprinting. 

Matsuri was about half way up the driveway when Harumi's front door swung open and she too was running. The two met in the middle, in quite possibly the biggest bear hug there's ever been. No seriously, it was a hell of a bear hug.

"Oh my god, babe. Just... Lemme hug you. You're really warm," was what came out of Harumi's mouth. Certainly not what she was expecting. 'Kinda thought I'd say or do something sexier than whatever the hell I just did. But hey, this works too.' She smiled at her own thoughts. 

Matsuri had her arms wrapped around Harumi's lower back and started to softly sob into the taller girl's shoulder.

Harumi gently pulled Matsuri's head away from her shoulder so she could look at the younger girl's face. "Hey now, why the tears?"

And with that, Matsuri started crying harder. "It's... It's been a long ass week. We didn't even see each other and we hardly got to talk at night. The process of switching schools, well, kinda sucks. I know I'm going to be much happier once I'm at school with you and Yuzu. But the paper work, the parent-teacher meetings, the tests I had to finish... Were all so stressful. And I'm so, so glad to be done with it all."

Harumi took Matsuri's bag and began leading the short-haired girl up the driveway, hands entertained. 

"I know it was hard, baby. But it's done. It's finally done. We're going to enjoy this week together, and then we start school together after."

The two entered the house, Harumi closing the door behind her. 

"I know," Matsuri replied, with a smile. "I just had to let that out. I've been trying to keep together the entire week and it's so refereshing to just release all that pent-up energy."

"Best part is, this entire week is school-free. Having a break from school is wonderful enough, but getting to spend it with my favorite little short stack is everything I could ask for."

Matsuri pouted. "Why you calling short stack?"

At this, Harumin laughed loudly. "You! I'm calling you a short stack!"

Matsuri tackled Harumi onto the couch, both girls laughing. 

"Better take that back!" Matsuri exclaimed while tickling Harumin mercilessly. 

By this point, Harumi was laughing so hard from the combination of Matsuri's cuteness and the tickle-torture that tears were streaming down her face. "Aughh!!! Matsuri, stoppp! I can't breathe!!"

"Take it back! Take back the short stack comment!" the pink hair girl yelled while continuing to tickle the brunette. 

"Okay, okay! Fiiiine! You're not a short stack!" the taller girl said, giving in to Matsuri's request. 

Harumin layed back on the couch cushions, pulling Matsuri to lay on top of her. Matsuri relaxed, comfortable with laying on Harumin.

"You're a munchkin."

Matsuri looked Harumin in the eyes. "The hell did you just say?"

A smirk made its way onto the brunette's face. "What? I said you were a munchkin. I didn't call you a short stack."

Matsuri relaxed again. "I'll let that one slide. But just this time."

As the stars started twinkling outside the living room window, the two girls began to fall asleep in each other's arms, listening to the other girl's soft breaths before finally being overcome by sleep.