09

hello! updates will be slow as i'll write when inspiration hits and i apologise for the short chapter.
this chapter is quite fluffy
thank you all for support. i couldn't write this without all of you ☺️
Song suggestion: In Check - Bryson Tiller
- - -
Before 6th Year Starts
Holidays
Malfoy Manor

"So what did you want to tell us, dear?" My mother cooed as she, Draco and Narcissa all stood in front of me, waiting expectantly. I sat down on the couch and wiped my sweaty palms on my legs.
"Well, I...uh..." My throat dried up.

"Go on then." Draco tapped his foot impatiently.

"Relax, Draco. She's nervous." Narcissa rested her hand on his shoulder. "Go on, dear."

I took in a deep breath and my hands fidgeted around my stomach. After Harry had fought against Death Eaters at the Ministry of Magic, I found myself feeling more nauseous than normal. At first I thought I was just sick from the worry I felt. But after a couple of tests, something even worse.

"Well, I-" I cut myself off. I couldn't say anything. Everyone would look at me differently and my mum would be so disappointed.

"Spit it out." Draco was mad now and I knew exactly why. I had told him that I had taken some tests and that our lives could drastically change forever. But his father had just gotten sent to Azkaban and Draco was going to receive the Mark soon. He didn't believe anything I said.

I took in a deep breath and shut my eyes. "I'm pregnant."

I squeezed my eyes shut and heard the gasps of Mum and Narcissa Malfoy. The stomping of Draco's shoes getting further and further away made my heart sink. The couch dipped next to me and I felt a familiar warm embrace. I opened my eyes to see my mother hugging me. Narcissa was staring at the retreating figure of her son in distaste. She was obviously disappointed and angry in him for leaving.

"Honey, I am quite disappointed that you didn't use protection, but I was in your situation," Her voice cracked at the thought of her dead son. "So, I will support you and take care of you and my grandchild no matter what." She took in a deep breath.

"But it is important that your grandfather never finds out." I nodded, accepting her terms. I didn't want my future baby having anything to do with him as well.

"I'll support you too, dear. But I do have one question." Narcissa said, she rubbed her arm a bit nervously. "Is the baby...Draco's?"

I blushed at the question and shyly nodded. Her face erupted into happiness and she embraced me as well. "I'm going to have a grandbaby!"

I was sandwiched in between my unborn child's grandmothers, but its father was nowhere to be seen.

"How far along are you?" My mum asked me.

"I think around five months."

"Where's your bump?"

I scratched my neck awkwardly. "I may have read your old diary and found the spell you used to cover your stomach."

My mum giggled and waved her wand over my stomach. The concealment wore off and my stomach now had a big baby bump.

- - -

"Draco?" I had wandered Malfoy Manor looking for him after my mum and Narcissa finally let me go. I looked everywhere. But he wasn't even in his room. Until something clicked. The lake.

I walked outside as fast as I could and spotted the blonde sitting by the lake, ripping leaves from the willow tree and throwing them into the water. Draco and I had gotten closer again after I admitted that I loved him. But since I tried to hint to him that I could be pregnant, he was distant. Obviously he didn't want to be a father, but it hurt.

"Draco?" I gently called his name and sat down beside him. He didn't even glance in my direction. His eyes were dull and his skin more pale than usual. The sunset gave him a glow. He looked powerful, but defeated at the same time. He'd occasionally pause from tearing up leaves and scratch his left arm, lingering longer than normal. Taking in the blank flesh before it was to be tainted.

He snapped out of his trance. "So, it was real?" I nodded. I touched his hand softly and intertwined my fingers with his.

"I know you don't want this. But I do." I rested my head on his shoulder. He tensed slightly but relaxed after a while.

"School. It's going to be dreadful." He sighed, throwing more leaves into the lake.

"I have a concealment charm, it works really well. No one will know."

"And when you give birth?" I sighed.

"We'll cross that bridge when we get to it." We sat in silence for a while, only the sound of the wind rustling at the foliage could be heard and occasionally my laboured breathing. Draco suddenly turned to face me and eyed my stomach.

"Do you know the gender?" He placed his hands hesitantly on my stomach.

"No, but I have a feeling it's a girl." I smiled. I placed my hands on top of his. It was perfect. If I could have captured this moment, I would have. I always go back to this memory.

"She's kicking!" Draco's face turned from uneasiness into happiness. And that's when I knew everything was going to be okay. At least for now. We may be young. Very young. But family is everything. It's a chance for my baby to have a semi-normal life. Harry would defeat my grandfather, hopefully, and everyone can live in peace.

"Have you thought of any names?" Draco asked me, still touching my stomach. I thought. Honestly I had never really thought of any girls names.

"I have no idea. I want the name to be special. Something that'll mean a lot to us." My mother meant a lot to me. My brother, maybe even my father - if he ever decides to speak to me. "My unborn sister." I whispered.

"What?" Draco said.

"After my brother died, my mother lost a second child. My baby sister. Her name was to be Medea."

"Then that'll be our little girl's name. Medea." Draco reached up and kissed my forehead gently. He sat back down next to me and placed his arm around my shoulder, pulling me into him. It was peaceful and perfect. Calming. I felt loved and supported. And most of all, I didn't feel alone.

I just wish I knew that our peace was short lived.

- - -
Disclaimer - In no way am I condoning teenage pregnancy as a good thing (this is a fictional story), if you want to get pregnant then go for it as long as you know the 'consequences' and long term effects. I only show a supportive family as I feel like many people don't write about teens having family support.

also do you prefer me writing in first person or second person?